Pics of old westbury gardens

mathjak107

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
in long island ny is a beautiful estate with incredible grounds

what a beautiful place, as many times as we go there we still find new photo shots
608477658_cZemn-XL.jpg

608480010_ChhMF-XL.jpg

608477332_AouuE-XL.jpg

608479635_Bhvxe-XL.jpg

608480457_sGUnM-XL.jpg

608479040_E4w8w-XL.jpg

608481428_URfNQ-XL.jpg

608478744_H2ZpQ-XL.jpg

608480894_4gCvU-XL.jpg

Beautiful! Did you tour the inside?

yes we did, very nice but no photography allowed

I enjoyed the photos Mathjak. I remember visiting Old Westbury Gardens many years ago when I lived in Syosset which is very near these gardens.

i use a nikon d300 with nikon 17-55mm my wife nikon d80 with nikon 18-200mm ....

Great place, I used to go there for car shows which they held on the grass fields.

Thanks so much for posting these beautiful pictures. They conjured up the most wonderful memories. My favorite uncle was the last of the family still living on LI. We spent a wonderful day at Westbury a few years ago. Seeing your picts brought back that day. Thanks.

Thanks so much for posting these beautiful pictures. They conjured up the most wonderful memories. My favorite uncle was the last of the family still living on LI. We spent a wonderful day at Westbury a few years ago. Seeing your picts brought back that day. Thanks.

Ditto here. I love Long Island as I have happy memories related to my life then especially as my son was born there(Long Island Jewish Hillside Medical Center). I enjoy both the north and south shores and all the way out to Montauk. I remember the Planting Fields Arboretum, a place quite similar to Old Westbury Gardens called Falaise, and also Sagamore Hill in Oyster Bay, Teddy Roosevelt's home. There was a children's playground right on the beach in Oyster Bay where I used to take my son to run and jump as we lived in a very small cottage with no children nearby. If I remember correctly, the Phipps family(of Old Westbury Gardens) were somehow related to the Churchills? Or maybe I am wrong.

just for fun i brought my 35 year old nikon fe with the new ektar 100 film...yep film.... film still kicks butt in resolution, smoothness and dynamic range... its amazing that a 40 year old camera still costs the same as it did back then...what do you think a 40 year old digital camera will be worth.?

37890007.jpg

37890008.jpg

37890016.jpg

Back
Top Bottom