Plumbing repair

BoodaGazelle

Recycles dryer sheets
Okay, this is a “hooray for me” post. When DW and I got back to FL, the toilet in the master bath was not working consistently. Sometimes there was no water at all, other times it would refill slowly, and other times worked fine.

Of course, “inconsistently working” is not the way you want to think about the toilet.

A trip to Home Depot and a $13 repair kit fixed the problem.

I (of course) thought about how much it would have cost to have a plumber come out, hence the link to ER.

As a literal “software” not a hardware guy, I always worry too much about these projects, but with Youtube most turn out to be pretty easy.

Okay, this is a “hooray for me” post. When DW and I got back to FL, the toilet in the master bath was not working consistently. Sometimes there was no water at all, other times it would refill slowly, and other times worked fine.

Of course, “inconsistently working” is not the way you want to think about the toilet.

I (of course) thought about how much it would have cost to have a plumber come out, hence the link to ER.

As a literal “software” not a hardware guy, I always worry too much about these projects, but with Youtube most turn out to be pretty easy.

Good job. Always satisfying to accomplish a successful DIY.

Congrats! Youtube is indeed a Godsend for many small DIY projects. I used to do a lot more of these repairs myself. I now limit myself to only those that are 1) relatively simple and quick 2) no danger of me f*&$*@g it up worse and 3) no chance of killing or maiming myself.

Congrats! :cool:

I did some changing of the fill value and new flapper recently.

The phatom flushes :( were just too much to take.

You are #1 in #2.

I now limit myself to only those that are <snip> 2) no danger of me f*&$*@g it up worse and 3) no chance of killing or maiming myself.

No spirit of adventure, huh?:)

Okay, I do draw the line at endeavors that risk loss of life or limb, arterial bleeding, or third degree burns, but minor lacerations and/or puncture wounds are a normal part of the learning process.

I'm similar. I will not partake in any repair/installation/construction activity that might crack the earth's mantle. Cracking the crust, well, OK, it'll heal over a bit in time, but the mantle is just too much.

What's your hourly rate?? Both of our johns are having intermittent problems:(

The new technology is a lot better. I am talking about PEX pipes. If you are adding/replacing plumbing then I would use PEX. And I like crimp fitting because they are way cheaper than push-in type.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom