Votes: 109 28.8%
  • No, and I’m not anxious to get vaccinated

Votes: 45 11.9%
  • Completed single dose version

Votes: 8 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
DH and I aren’t in an eligible tier yet, though it looks like we’ll be next. We’ve been volunteering at an administration site and received our first dose last week when they had extra doses. What a relief!

DH and I had our second doses of Pfizer 2 weeks ago. We are 67 and 69. I will be glad when anyone who wants one are able to get it.

DH and I aren’t in an eligible tier yet, though it looks like we’ll be next. We’ve been volunteering at an administration site and received our first dose last week when they had extra doses. What a relief!

Same. And most of the people I know found a similar "alternative" path.

There is no central authority, which has been a mess for some things, but it has given local administrators a *lot* of leeway. In my town, for example, teachers get prioritized even though they are not "eligible."

(We also have the highest percentage of >70 vaccinated in the county.)

I understand the wording of the poll, but I had to read it twice because ...

anxious: worry, unease, or nervousness, typically about an imminent event or something with an uncertain outcome.

I think I answered incorrectly based on this wording. I took it to mean are you anxious, as in nervous, about getting the vaccine. I am not. But it could mean are you anxious, as in excited, which I am.

Which is the intended meaning of anxious? Nervous or excited?

DW and I had the 2nd Moderna shot on Feb 12, which was 16 days ago. We're 59 and 60 but qualified under 1B.

DS also had his 2nd Moderna shot same day under 1B. His employer does regular testing including an antibody test. He told me that the antibody test showed a "strong antibody response." That was 11 days after the 2nd shot.

DD qualifies as a health care provider and is scheduled for her 2nd Pfizer shot in 2 weeks.

A very common meaning of anxious, and the one intended (I believe) in the OP is "ardently or earnestly wishing"
She was anxious to learn more.

I think I answered incorrectly based on this wording. I took it to mean are you anxious, as in nervous, about getting the vaccine. I am not. But it could mean are you anxious, as in excited, which I am.

Based on context, I think it means excited, highly anticipated, but I imagine some people are literally anxious as well.

I selected the "No, not anxious" option, but for me it would be better worded "No, and waiting patiently for my turn". I am not eligible per state rules yet. When it happens, it happens.

Just curious how far along this “elderly” crowd is so far?

I had my second Moderna vaccine last Fri. A very sore arm both times, but no other side effects thankfully.

Who are you calling elderly :confused:?? :mad::mad:

Got both shots and same effects, sore arm the day after.

So ready to be done with this covid crap.

Who are you calling elderly :confused:?? :mad::mad:

Got both shots and same effects, sore arm the day after.

So ready to be done with this covid crap.
A common characteristic of the elderly is being outraged over the slightest things, even when in jest... :D

I was only able to get mine because I still work part time and work with people with disabilities. Getting the second dose Wednesday.

NOPE! But waiting for the Best vaccine on this planet - Novavax with 96% efficacy on the original strain and 86% on the UK strain. Also the safest vaccine as it is protein based.

I won't even bother with Astra and JNJ vaccines - these are one-shot vaccines. Covid will be endemic like the flu, and you'll most likely need yearly vaccination. These vaccines will be ineffective the 2nd year, as they are all 'adenovirus vector vaccines'.
"The experience with adenoviruses has been for many years that vectors can be intercepted by the immune system after repeat injections," said Bodo Plachter, deputy director of the Institute of Virology at Mainz University's teaching hospital.

That leaves Novavax, Pfizer, and Moderna. However, Pfizer and Moderna are mRNA vaccines, and they viewed by your immune system as foreign and will attack it to build your immunity, so Pfizer and Moderna have more adverse side effects - high fever, etc. Novavax, a protein based vaccine, is the safest and has the least side effects as they already create the spike protein, using nano-particles, to train the system to build immunity.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/astrazeneca-sputnik-vaccines-face-hurdles-080912966.html

I can never remember a time when there were so many vaccine smart shoppers.

You guys know that there are also different flu vaccine technologies, right?

I wonder if we'll start seeing efficacy ads from Rite Aid. :)

A very common meaning of anxious, and the one intended (I believe) in the OP is "ardently or earnestly wishing"
She was anxious to learn more.
Yep!

DW and I got the first. Second in a few weeks. So fear of dying goes away.

But trying to return to normal looks unlikely because governments seem to be enjoying their power trips.

As a health care provider I was able to get the vaccine in the first wave. No side effects (other than a sore arm) for either of the Moderna doses.

We have been awaiting availability of our second dose. I got mine on 2/1 and DW got hers 2/5, both Moderna.
I just got an e-mail from the county opening up availability for second doses through 3/12. I jumped on the 3/5 appointments and nailed them.
Apparently Ventura County, CA has a good availability of vaccine. On each day, there were 10 doses available in 10 minute increments.

DW and I got the first. Second in a few weeks. So fear of dying goes away.

But trying to return to normal looks unlikely because governments seem to be enjoying their power trips.

We are in Phase 2 of our Governor's recovery program. When do we go to Phase 3? Nobody knows since there are no published standards, requirements, or milestones to go to phase 3. Really. I am not kidding. Such is Washington state these days.

In the meantime, one restaurant I know just reopened indoor dining. They are supposed to be at 25% capacity but actually are nearer to 75%. An acquaintance whose daughter works there told me the owners are at the point where after a year of losing money, they need to either start to turn a profit or they will shut down. If the state objects to 75%, they will simply close it. With no way of knowing under what conditions they might go to 50% or above occupancy, they are not willing to go on losing money for an unknown number of months.

Due to Winter storms and icy roads here, a lot of no shows at our pharmacy; DW and I were on the standby list and got the first moderna shot.

E.T.A. Will be nice to have both under our belts before our next big trips.

Getting my first dose tomorrow.

The DW an I are both eligible but we are in no rush.... I may go for the JJ when it's available here.

Because I’m”only” 61, I’m not eligible to get vaccinated in TX yet. DH is fully vaccinated, but I am not. A bit awkward being out of sync like that.

I am anxious to get vaccinated.

OH is only for 65 years and older currently. They reduce by 5 year increments, so I have to wait for the second increment 55 and up. Probably going to be a couple months until I am in the eligible status.

I'm under 65 but I have comorbidities, so I'm 1(b) here in va and they contacted me to schedule. So won't be long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom