Votes: 109 28.8%
  • No, and I’m not anxious to get vaccinated

Votes: 45 11.9%
  • Completed single dose version

Votes: 8 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This Covid vaccine poll of Texas voters by the University of Texas and the Texas Tribune is interesting when compared to the E-R.org poll numbers:

...36% said they’ll get vaccinated against COVID-19 as soon as it’s available to them, 28% said they will not, and 16% said they’re not sure. Another 15% said they’ve already been vaccinated, meaning just over half have either been vaccinated or are planning to be when they can.

Looks like Texas voters are considerably more resistant to getting the vaccine than E-R.org membership.

One more reason you don't want to move here.

Note: the linked poll breaks down the results by political party. So put on your big girl/boy pants before reading and kindly avoid bringing any of that political falderal back here for discussion. :)

Regarding the people who are not sure they will take the vaccine maybe in the end they will need a little incentive--maybe $25 or something. That will not work for the hard core antivaxers but may work for those who think it is just too much trouble to go and take the vaccine. Another incentive would be if a vaccine passport is needed to travel, fly and go to places like Disney World and professional sports.

Regarding the people who are not sure they will take the vaccine maybe in the end they will need a little incentive--maybe $25

Kroger, the country's biggest grocer, is giving all employees who get vaccinated a $100 bonus. I think that's smart, since it will probably bring some extra customers into their stores as well.

Got my second Moderna shot last Wednesday. Had a sore arm as with the first shot but 24 hours after my second shot, I was not feeling quite myself. Late afternoon on Thursday, I took my temperature and it was 99F. Went to bed early not feeling too bad. Friday morning, noticed an itchy rash on both feet. Used OTC cortizone cream on them. Went for usual 9 km walk and feet were quite painful by the end of it. Early afternoon, I developed chills and then monitored my temperature as it began to climb. At 100F, took some tylenol. At 101F, took some ibuprofen then watched as fever peaked at 101.5 after which it dropped quickly. Had difficulty getting to sleep Friday night due to extremely uncomfortable itching on both feet. Finally oral benedryl seemed to help enough to get to sleep. Fever gone Saturday morning. No walks Saturday or Sunday as foot discomfort continued although lessened on Sunday. Other symptoms gone. Picked up and applied topical benedryl type anti-itching spray and got almost instant relief. Today, feet much better and otherwise back to normal.

FWIW, I didn't realize you could get benedryl in a topical formula. It worked much better for me at stopping the itching than either OTC cortisone cream or OTC lidocaine products. Plus it's probably better for localized itching than taking oral benedryl which has its own drawbacks.

I haven't seen a foot rash reported as a side effect of a vaccine. However, I had a similar foot rash after my second Shingrix shot. Hmmm.

Got my second Moderna shot last Wednesday. Had a sore arm as with the first shot but 24 hours after my second shot, I was not feeling quite myself. Late afternoon on Thursday, I took my temperature and it was 99F. Went to bed early not feeling too bad. Friday morning, noticed an itchy rash on both feet. Used OTC cortizone cream on them. Went for usual 9 km walk and feet were quite painful by the end of it. Early afternoon, I developed chills and then monitored my temperature as it began to climb. At 100F, took some tylenol. At 101F, took some ibuprofen then watched as fever peaked at 101.5 after which it dropped quickly. Had difficulty getting to sleep Friday night due to extremely uncomfortable itching on both feet. Finally oral benedryl seemed to help enough to get to sleep. Fever gone Saturday morning. No walks Saturday or Sunday as foot discomfort continued although lessened on Sunday. Other symptoms gone. Picked up and applied topical benedryl type anti-itching spray and got almost instant relief. Today, feet much better and otherwise back to normal.

FWIW, I didn't realize you could get benedryl in a topical formula. It worked much better for me at stopping the itching than either OTC cortisone cream or OTC lidocaine products. Plus it's probably better for localized itching than taking oral benedryl which has its own drawbacks.

I haven't seen a foot rash reported as a side effect of a vaccine. However, I had a similar foot rash after my second Shingrix shot. Hmmm.

You should report the foot rash, I have not heard of anyone having that, may be an allergic reaction to some ingredient in the vaccines. Are you doing the V Safe app?

You should report the foot rash, I have not heard of anyone having that, may be an allergic reaction to some ingredient in the vaccines. Are you doing the V Safe app?
I believe I will do that. Thanks for the suggestion!

DW (65) and I (68) got our second Pfizer shot yesterday.

Looking for a place to donate all of our unused masks since we won’t be needing them anymore ... just kidding, but I am looking forward to not having to wear them anymore. Hoping it doesn’t become our new normal.

I'm keeping my masks for the next flu season. Take a look at this flu season vs previous years (source=CDC).

ILI07_small.gif

SIL said I need to clear my calendar for 48 hrs to recover from my 2nd dose Wednesday. I thought no need until I read Ian’s post.

Hope your feet continue to recover quickly!

Our local hospital had extra doses left from a 65+ event last week and opened up appointments to 55+ which I jumped on. First Pfizer jab down!

DW (65) and I (68) got our second Pfizer shot yesterday.

Looking for a place to donate all of our unused masks since we won’t be needing them anymore ... just kidding, but I am looking forward to not having to wear them anymore. Hoping it doesn’t become our new normal.

I am planning to wear a mask in indoor crowded situations forever since it appears to me that wearing a mask prevent flu (and probably other air borne illnesses). I had a bad case of flu a couple of years ago and I don't want to go through that again. I have gotten use to wearing a mask and don't mind it.

The masks do help I'm sure. But the "everything shutdown social distancing stay home for the holidays" is even better. If you aren't near people for long, you won't get people disease.

But we are social animals eh? That's where the rub is.

The masks do help I'm sure. But the "everything shutdown social distancing stay home for the holidays" is even better. If you aren't near people for long, you won't get people disease.

But we are social animals eh? That's where the rub is.

Yes Robbie social distancing is certainly a big factor in the lack of influenza this year but I am hoping that masks played a large part too. I cannot socially distance from others the rest of my life but I don't mind wearing a mask so I can see doing that in crowded indoor situations pretty much forever, especially during flu season. I might get some strange looks but I don't care.

Had my first dose of Pfizer a week ago. I am in the age 75+ category, though they also prioritized age 70+ the same week dose supply for 75+ became available. Scheduled in for the second Pfizer dose later in March.

We are both over 60, under 65, retired, no comorbidities. According to the current Illinois schedule, we are in the last 10% to be eligible for a vaccine since those under 16 are never eligible. We have a long wait.

Perhaps you are like me, and feel honored and privileged to know that death row inmates will get the vaccine long before we do. :crazy:

Regarding the people who are not sure they will take the vaccine maybe in the end they will need a little incentive--maybe $25 or something. That will not work for the hard core antivaxers but may work for those who think it is just too much trouble to go and take the vaccine. Another incentive would be if a vaccine passport is needed to travel, fly and go to places like Disney World and professional sports.

We just took DD in for his second shot and Jewel-Osco gave us a 10% up to $20 coupon !!

They must want vaccinated people to shop there. :)

I had first Moderna last week. No pain for 14 hours and then woke up at 2 am with high fever(at least it felt like it!) and achy arm. Took two Advil and within an hour was back to normal.
DH and I have always taken all vaccines available and never had a reaction, even with Shingrix and Yellow Fever, so this was a real surprise. I will definitely take the second dose but plan to be prepared this time with meds by the bed and a clear schedule the next day.

Not eligible yet. DW got it since she is a hospital volunteer.

My state (Arizona) just opened vaccine eligibility to folks aged 55-64, at noon today. DW and I jumped online and got appointments for Thursday. Woohoo!

Got the Pfizer shot yesterday. Arm began hurting late afternoon and was sore in the evening. Also felt tired and hungry, like when I have a cold. Pain down to dull ache today and feel fine.

But that shot was like 3X more pain than the flu shot. Back in 20 days to get the second.

We are both 63 and rainbirding down in Palm Springs. We are hoping to get the vax once we return to Oregon in May.

I don't think we will return to indoor dining until we feel comfortable that the waitstaff have had a chance to be vaccinated. My understanding is that we could still pass the virus onto others after we've been vaccinated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom