Poll: How low will it go...

How low will it go

• 10% - We are pretty much done, buy buy buy.

Votes: 69 28.8%
  • 20% - Looks like it will be a bit longer to find a bottom.

Votes: 133 55.4%
  • 30% - More like a real bear market.

Votes: 24 10.0%
  • 40% - A bad bear market.

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • 50% - A really bad bear market.

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • >50% - Stock up on gold, guns and ammo, the end is near.

Votes: 5 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well the newspaper is a poor source but I suppose the range you picked is wide enough to capture it!

I think the point of picking a future point is to learn whether you are poor at it or awful! If you were good, then you could make better use of your time than posting here.

Absolutely. I doubt Warren B/ spends any time here. Likewise as a plodder I can find no better use of my time. It keeps me out of trouble.

Well, looks like the S&P500 closed at 2581 today, that is 10% down from its peak. I am still sticking with my guess of 30% down, hope I am wrong, but looks like a full blown panic now.

I don't know much about anything but I'll say a 20% correction/reversion to the mean. We all kind of knew this was coming, right? I mean we know the markets don't just go up, right?

I would also guess around 15, but I think it will be quite turbulent around there for some time (2-3 weeks? total guess). So we might go a bit lower some days, and look like a bit higher others.

We have shed back to about November of 2017 ish, so still well in the silly area. And I was just looking at numbers the other day seeing we'd more than covered our SWD budget for this year on january's gains alone... poof!

What's the starting point? Now or the past high? What are you talking - Dow/S&P/Russell?NASDAQ/temperature?

It would be DJIA and/or S&P 500 off the record high by my reckoning.

That's how they count to say the market is in a correction (10%), or in bear country (20%).

Just for fun, how low will the current decline go before reaching the bottom. ......

Don't panic. I've thought it over and the answer is definitely 42.

10zme0.jpg

Now ... what was the question? :cool:

I'm still guessing 10-15%. People are freaked out by the numbers (Dow drops a record -1000+ twice) and don't pay attention to the percentages so they think we have already had a big crash. We should get a few more panic sellers jumping in now but since nothing fundamental has imploded institutional buyers will probably bounce back. Or not. :)

I voted 20%, but really feel 12-15% depending on index.. ie just before the machines do something super crazy. Hoping it hangs out for a few days at this lower level so its a stable bottom.

Back
Top Bottom