Poll: What day do you go grocery shopping?

What day do you go grocery shopping?

• Monday

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 14 10.2%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • Friday

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Saturday

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Sunday

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Multiple Days, as we need to.

Votes: 86 62.8%

• Total voters
We have a habit of buy for the week, and then changing our meal plans. I don't like all the beef and chicken we throw out because we forget it is in the fridge. It has gotten better, but we still waste too much food IMO.

I separate my meat and poultry, heck even my bacon, on a cookie sheet and flash freeze in freezer, then bag and stick back in freezer where I can pull items out one at a time, or in groups. Upon anticipated usage, if defrosted in fridge, any ‘changed our minds’ meat/poultry can be safely refrozen, thus avoiding waste.

Last edited:
I go to the grocery store after my GF catches me eating her food after I have run out.

Monday through Thursday are typically reasonable for less crowded shopping/parking. Many folks here are paid every other Friday and apparently everyone who has that schedule has the SAME schedule. Just driving around, you can tell which Friday it is (pay-day or not pay-day.) The pay schedule affects the following Saturday as well. SO, no serious shopping Friday through Sunday. Wednesday is "flier" day, so it can be a bit more hectic so that leaves Mon, Tues, Thurs but YMMV.

As required. We tend to stick to the perimeter of the store. Fresh produce, fish, meat etc. Overall healthy and really not a significant part of our annual budget.

answered "multiple", but with these exceptions. try to avoid F,S,S for obvious reasons. also W cuz it's SS day

I go grocery shopping when I need to buy more food - no set day.

My middle son and I go early (7:30 am) on Saturday morning. I make multiple stops during the week for forgotten things.

My wife and I go grocery shopping on Wednesday.

We always go to two stores. First up is Publix where we only buy the b1g1 free items and any products our other store doesn't carry. We also get a 5% senior discount.

Then off to Aldi's for the rest of the groceries.

Every other Friday evening Costco after 1900; Wednesdays afternoon or Saturdays morning at Sprouts. Occasionally Vons (Safeway).

Back
Top Bottom