Post a Picture of your Favorite Coffee Cup

MikeD

Full time employment: Posting here.
Yes, other beverages are allowed!

This is my favorite because of its design. I also like that it reminds me of the fact that I'm retired.

I collect mugs from companies that I like and do business with, souvenir cups from places we've been, and places that I've worked. Occasionally, I add one to the collection if I just like it a lot. We don't use the ones in the collection because the dishwasher seems to fade the art. We drink from crappy old cups that normal people would have thrown out by now.

Mike D.

Attachments

• VanguardCup.jpg
    VanguardCup.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 14
The only one I use. 20oz, insulated, one full serving every morning. A great way to start my day. :)

Attachments

• Coffee Mug.jpg
    Coffee Mug.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 8
transferred from another thread...

My fave coffee cup has a simple flowing design, painted in earthy colors, perhaps even handmade, and is a cup of extra large capacity.

At least the color scheme is familiar. ;)

Attachments

• favecoffeecup.jpg
    favecoffeecup.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Bacon.jpg
    Bacon.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 338
Several decades ago my (dear, departed) mother gave me two green mugs that were given to her, due to her support of University of Hawaii opera, I believe. She always preferred cup-and-saucer to mugs.

On this side, is a UH logo. On the other side it says University of Hawaii Foundation.

I like the mugs because they are exactly the right size and weight, and remind me of my mother. And, they were free. :)

Attachments

• Img_0107.jpg
    Img_0107.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:
I don't drink coffee, but here is my everyday tea cup:

7845619136_3cdc8121f6.jpg

My commute cup. If it has coffee in it, it's my favorite!

Attachments

• image-257644278.jpg
    image-257644278.jpg
    443.6 KB · Views: 8
HFWR, that cup is WILD!!! :D Latte, Tea, Java? I have never seen one like that.

Love the other cups, too.

I really don't have a favorite, but this is what we have most of, so it's what I use more often than not...

Attachments

• Mug.jpg
    Mug.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:
Can't decide.

Attachments

• IMG_1004.JPG
    IMG_1004.JPG
    637.3 KB · Views: 11
My afternoon coffee cup, already filled and waiting :)

Attachments

• Afternoon coffee.jpg
    Afternoon coffee.jpg
    389.6 KB · Views: 14
Favorite cup? That implies you have more than one! Really, you need that many?

Just joking! I do have several cups. For many years, my favorite was one of a pair that my wife bought for us to commemorate an anniversary. We finally broke both of them.

We both have many mugs given as gifts from vendors to our megacorps. They have really no special value to us, and we just use one until we break it and switch to the next. As they have no special sentimental value, I will not post a photo.

PS. I am actually not that utilitarian. I do have a set of chinaware to serve coffee properly when we need or want to.

You would not want to know how many dishes or glasses that we have (I would have to spend time to count). As we host big family parties, my wife wants us to have proper wine glasses and champagne flutes for 20+ people when we serve.

No fancy crystal, just glass ware, but my wife has hundreds of glasses and dishes and bowls and plates! I have to tell her to stop buying. They are not expensive, but there's no room for more. And X2 for two homes. Arghhh!!!

Last edited:
DH and I got these years ago when we took the tour of the NASA facilities in Florida.

Attachments

• cups.JPG
    cups.JPG
    423.6 KB · Views: 16
coffe cup.jpg

Here is the coffee cup I have used since the 80’s. It has a history, because it was used by Oprah while she was a co-anchor in Baltimore. I was a volunteer for The Friends of The Baltimore Symphony Orchestra. I was asked to assist Oprah during a fundraiser, so I was her go-for. I even found a little piece about the conductor Leon Fleisher and Oprah’s fundraising activity.

“Fleisher also helped put together fundraising telethons for the BSO aired by WJZ-TV (one of the station's staffers who participated was a young co-anchor named Oprah Winfrey).”

Fleisher celebrates 80 years of music - Baltimore Sun

OK, I guess I need a photo to show you some of the glasses, mugs, and cups that my wife bought. Besides, the OP said all beverages were allowed.

What you see in these cabinets in my breakfast nook are about [-]1/4[/-] 1/3 of all the glasses that we have, and in just the main home. My wife has enough so that if all of our guests want a martini glass, none will be left out. Ditto for tall glasses, tumblers, wine (2 or 3 per guest), champagne, and even cognac snifters, etc...

The cognac snifters were a surprise to me, because I thought I only had about 6 in the dining room cabinet, but just discovered another Courvoisier set when I looked inside one of the above cabinets in the kitchen. Oh boy, glasses are cheap, but what does it cost to pour XO or even VSOP for so many glasses? No way! I would have to keep some cheaper brandy on hand, and hide my little precious bottle.

Some of those have never been used and most likely never will be, but my wife said one could never be sure and we must be prepared. Oh well, glassware is cheap and she does not spend money on clothes or jewelry, so I just kept my mouth shut.

PS. I take the blame for the shot glasses on the shelves surrounding the clock. They are two-layer deep, and were bought as souvenirs from major international and US cities that we visited. I often looked at them, and could even remember the circumstances when I bought them.

img_1224966_0_11dee4a2b612ea96e7248012b6fb5e9d.jpg

Last edited:
OK, I guess I need a photo to show you some of the glasses, mugs, and cups that my wife bought. Besides, the OP said all beverages were allowed.

What you see in these cabinets in my breakfast nook are about [-]1/4[/-] 1/3 of all the glasses that we have, and in just the main home. My wife has enough so that if all of our guests want a martini glass, none will be left out. Ditto for tall glasses, tumblers, wine (2 or 3 per guest), champagne, and even cognac snifters, etc...

The cognac snifters were a surprise to me, because I thought I only had about 6 in the dining room cabinet, but just discovered another Courvoisier set when I looked inside one of the above cabinets in the kitchen. Oh boy, glasses are cheap, but what does it cost to pour XO or even VSOP for so many glasses? No way! I would have to keep some cheaper brandy on hand, and hide my little precious bottle.

Some of those have never been used and most likely never will be, but my wife said one could never be sure and we must be prepared. Oh well, glassware is cheap and she does not spend money on clothes or jewelry, so I just kept my mouth shut.

PS. I take the blame for the shot glasses on the shelves surrounding the clock. They are two-layer deep, and were bought as souvenirs from major international and US cities that we visited. I often looked at them, and could even remember the circumstances when I bought them.

Wow. Beautiful! Can't share a similar pic of my kitchen since it's kinda messy right now. This looks like something from Paris, Rome or LA. My kitchen looks like something from the Waltons;)

DW does the same. I built display cases for her 100+ shot glasses.

Wow. Beautiful! Can't share a similar pic of my kitchen since it's kinda messy right now. This looks like something from Paris, Rome or LA. My kitchen looks like something from the Waltons;)

Thank you! But I must tell the truth.

I installed these cabinets myself, and as these were in the kitchen, I did not want to spend too much. So, they were from Ikea.

And I think my wife chose the glassware for their colors, rather than whether we were really going to use them or not. But as they are inexpensive, we would not hesitate to use them if the occasion arises.

PS. FIREd, then you must show your cases.

Last edited:
My old favorite coffee cup was made from a photo of our daughter getting a Kumon award. When my daughter and I got our taekwondo black belts, she posed us for this photo. Then she pointed out that my old coffee cup photo was from the previous millennium, so I made a new cup from the newer photo.

My next favorite coffee cup will probably show her pinning on her ensign bars. Or maybe her warfare pin. Or both.

Oh well, glassware is cheap and she does not spend money on clothes or jewelry, so I just kept my mouth shut.
Our house is beginning to fill up with "memorabilia" like that, but I take consolation in knowing that I'm probably going to die first and escape the inevitable downsizing...

Attachments

• Kumon trophy.jpg
    Kumon trophy.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Black belt family portrait March 2009.jpg
    Black belt family portrait March 2009.jpg
    450.4 KB · Views: 21
Coffee cup? We don't need no stinking coffee cups.

Attachments

• 2370719-a-man-drinking-coffee-straight-from-the-pot.jpg
    2370719-a-man-drinking-coffee-straight-from-the-pot.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 10
  • sleepy-blonde-woman-drinking-coffee-from-the-pot-a4a303.jpg
    sleepy-blonde-woman-drinking-coffee-from-the-pot-a4a303.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

img_1225020_0_11dee4a2b612ea96e7248012b6fb5e9d.jpg

Hoarder. cough cough. :D

Eh, my wife has the same belief expressed by ERD50 in the thread that spawned this one. That is beverages have to be consumed from the right cup or glass.

Last edited:
Eh, my wife has the same belief expressed by ERD50 in the thread that spawned this one. That is beverages have to be consumed from the right cup or glasses.

My DW too. But our kitchen is rather small, and the cabinet space we have in total is about the same as what you have in your pic. So we are "space constrained hoarders". She just bought another reaaaallly cute set of six matching shot glasses... :rolleyes: :D

Back
Top Bottom