Post Cataract surgery

Badger

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I just had right eye cataract surgery three days ago. I have had many orthopedic surgeries in the past 10 years but this surgery was the most stressful to schedule. It took a year and 4 visits with the ophthalmologist before setting the date. Of all the special senses the loss of eyesight is the one that scares me the most. I opted for single distance lens so I will still be needing glasses for reading. That is OK since it reduces possible unwanted side effects of halos or flares.
My surgeon, anesthesiologist, and nurses were great. They put me at ease from the moment I was being prepped. I can't give enough accolades about them and my wife has been patient with putting drops in my eyes 4 times a day.
Things are still a little blurry although it is early in post-op but vision is coming back.
I have heard many stories about successes with cataract surgery but still had many doubts until now. My surgeon was wonderful, caring, compassionate, and very thorough.
In a month I will be scheduling for my left eye and then (hopefully) have better and clearer vision after many years.
I just had to post this because I am so excited to have the chance for better vision with better color rendition. :D

Cheers !

I had both eyes done in March, 2 weeks apart. Toric lenses and I've had no problems. I use
readers for closeup reading small print. Just before surgery, they kept asking "which eye are we doing today?" I did the drops routine, each eye for a week. Driving at night is possible, now!

My DW had cataract surgery on both her eyes (4 to 6 weeks apart) about 2 years ago. Lot's of pre and post visits but all went well and she been very happy with the outcome. The doctor explained everything on the first visit and as a result, there were no real surprises. Needs reading glasses too (so do I) so we bought a ~dozen pair and have them scattered everywhere in the cars and house. Still can't find a pair once in a while.:)

Last edited:
I too had both eyes done 2 mos. ago--2 weeks apart. I see much better far off.

No big deal.

Now if I could just find my reading glasses, I'd be happy.

I had mine done 4 months apart because doing the drops all the time is a pain. My vision is so much better.

Back
Top Bottom