Pre-diabetic?

I noticed my last blood glucose test was 125, but it is usually 100 to 105. Doc didn't say a word. :confused:
That's irresponsible of your doctor. You need to have an A1C test done, asap. If it's over 6.0, you need to take some steps to get your blood glucose down, such as dietary changes.

If you follow some of the diet advice contained within this thread, you won't have to worry about diabetes; You'll die from heart disease and/or cancer instead.

That's part of the Standard American Diet (which is truly SAD). Many mainstream medical folks will tell you that a low carb diet is under 150 grams. And even that is far above what the low carb folks would say.

agreed. The Standard American Diet gives people chronic illnesses, like diabetes.

You can get your own A1C teat from something like Walk In Labs which uses Quest and Labcore. About $30, then you will have a more useful piece of information to plan diet/exercise/medication.

If you follow some of the diet advice contained within this thread, you won't have to worry about diabetes; You'll die from heart disease and/or cancer instead.

To be helpful, you should be specific about which advice is so potentially harmful.

A fat, butter or margarine, is likely better for you than adding a carb to another carb, hummus on a muffin.

I googled the nutritional info for Hummus. A tablespoon is 36kcal. Of that, 4kcal (11%) is from protein, 24kcal (67%) is from fat, and 8kcal (22%) is from carbohydrate. As an English muffin has ~110Kcal from carbohydrate, the hummus is a minor contributor to the total carbohydrates. The fat and protein in the hummus would also slow the absorption of the carbohydrates from the muffin.

Personally, I put peanut butter (which also is a minor carboydrate contributor) on my English muffins.

I googled the nutritional info for Hummus. A tablespoon is 36kcal. Of that, 4kcal (11%) is from protein, 24kcal (67%) is from fat, and 8kcal (22%) is from carbohydrate. As an English muffin has ~110Kcal from carbohydrate, the hummus is a minor contributor to the total carbohydrates. The fat and protein in the hummus would also slow the absorption of the carbohydrates from the muffin.

Personally, I put peanut butter (which also is a minor carboydrate contributor) on my English muffins.

Fiber slows absorption.

Back
Top Bottom