Public brokerage?

Kings over Queens

Recycles dryer sheets
Anyone heard of or using Public as their brokerage?

I noticed a TV commercial, focused mostly on Treasuries.

I'm a mutual fund and index fund investor, and don't seek unique portfolios or alternate investment strategies, which is what is seems Public does.

Am I missing something?

A Google search turns up this description
Public) is a FINRA registered broker dealer that gives you exclusive tools to help you make smarter investment decisions to meet your financial goals. You can diversify your portfolio by investing in many different asset classes, from crypto and NFTs to collectibles and ETFs.

CNBC says the following
Launched in 2019, Public is newer to the investing app scene and has made a play for the beginner investor crowd by providing its own social media feed. Investors can follow their friends (or anyone else on Public), send direct messages, have group chats and check out each other’s portfolios.

Getting investment advice from social media sounds like a recipe for disaster. I’ll pass.

Is this one of those dubious trading platforms that has some "secret sauce" for trading crypto and other alternative investments? Yeah, they may have registered with FINRA but that may be all they have done. I'll pass.

Why bother with a new boy on the block that you don't know when there are so many established and well-respected brokerages with a track record already available?

Cheers!

It would take more than I can imagine to even bother reading about something other than VG/Sch/Fido.

Anything that leads with "app" and I hit the back button.

This is the first I've heard of them. I'm not rushing over there.

Back
Top Bottom