Pulled the Plug

superdave

Recycles dryer sheets
Had been going to pull the plug once the pressure at work ramped up again. It had been quiet for a few months, but I knew it was time. Last day is May 2 for my retirement after just turning 55. DW was very supportive of my decision. She has two more years of part time work before she will pull the plug at 55 as well.

Biggest 'observation' so far is how younger or 'driven' coworkers just don't get early retirement. They are welcome to continue paying taxes to keep our Canada Pension solvent! Most approaching their 50s certainly get it.

Thanks to forum members for their contributions, as hanging out on this forum for the past, say, 10 years, allowed me to prepare for this.

Looking forward to more travel and golf. The job given to me by my wife is to sell our house, move to local 'condo style apartments', and snowbird. This has been one long, cold winter up north.

Really great news. Enjoy your last week--your face is going to hurt from smiling.

Congrats superdave, enjoy your retirement and condo search.

Congratulations! Savor these days. I remember when I got off my last business flight after signing all my retirement papers - I laughed hysterically on my car ride home from the airport. I must have looked like a lunatic but, it was such a great release and a fantastic day :dance:

Enjoy!

Thanks folks. Kinda savoring these last few days. You know, in late , home early :dance:

I remember that. My last day, I had an "exit interview" and the HR guy said "do whatever you want for the rest of the day". I went out in the sunshine for a long lunch, then back to the office to hang out with people who stopped by to say bye. It was very nice, enjoy it and soak it up :)

Had been going to pull the plug once the pressure at work ramped up again. It had been quiet for a few months, but I knew it was time. Last day is May 2 for my retirement after just turning 55. DW was very supportive of my decision. She has two more years of part time work before she will pull the plug at 55 as well.

Biggest 'observation' so far is how younger or 'driven' coworkers just don't get early retirement. They are welcome to continue paying taxes to keep our Canada Pension solvent! Most approaching their 50s certainly get it.

Thanks to forum members for their contributions, as hanging out on this forum for the past, say, 10 years, allowed me to prepare for this.

Looking forward to more travel and golf. The job given to me by my wife is to sell our house, move to local 'condo style apartments', and snowbird. This has been one long, cold winter up north.

Congrats! Wow, 88 posts in ten years. I think I had that many after the first week...

Congratulations and enjoy the rest of your life. Maybe you will get your post count to 100

Congratulations and enjoy the rest of your life. Maybe you will get your post count to 100

I just noticed my join date of 2004, but low post count. Maybe that low post count is an IT issue. Lets file a bug report. I USED to be an IT guy!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom