Putting the "fun" back in funerals

I do not think that there is a 'right way'. Different strokes for different folks. Notwithstanding what the funeral directors may tell us.

Gotta have a funeral. Else my estate distribution plan of
1. every attendee gets a taser
2. last one standing gets all my stuff
won't work if nobody is there.

Notwithstanding what the funeral directors may tell us.

I am surprised the "resident" forum funeral direct hasn't chimed in yet about how not having a funeral and cremation is just a terrible, TERRIBLE thing.

When my DD passed, he didn't want a service, etc. and prepaid for direct cremation. We did have a celebration of life a couple weeks after he passed, but it was just close friends and family over for some drinks and stories. It's exactly how he wanted it, and offered closure.

Not sure how relevant this is but we recently had a funeral that lasted seven minutes. The son read the obituary and then basically said "we all know that Mom was a real b***h, let's leave for the restaurant.". Have no idea what the deceased wanted but that's what she got.

Not sure how relevant this is but we recently had a funeral that lasted seven minutes. The son read the obituary and then basically said "we all know that Mom was a real b***h, let's leave for the restaurant.". Have no idea what the deceased wanted but that's what she got.

That sounds like a “Sopranos” flashback!

Back
Top Bottom