Quicken Deluxe 40% off with coupon Amazon

Is Quiken for the Mac the same as Quiken for Windows in terms of it's abilities?

I do not believe they are considered a 1:1 functionally equal product. You need to look closely at the features list. And similar functionality may be represented differently.

Came in todays delivery. Had 4 months left on my subscription. Entered the activation code and good until April 2024 now

Yep, it's so wasteful for someone to package up a CD and have a truck deliver it just so I can get the code and type it in, but for some reason that's what they want. All done for another year.

Yep, it's so wasteful for someone to package up a CD and have a truck deliver it just so I can get the code and type it in, but for some reason that's what they want. All done for another year.

I use to download. Then one year my computer crashed, and while all my data was backed up, the programs were not. So now I always get the disc.

Is this only for new members? I went to quicken.com and saw the 40% off discount. I went through the process to renew but it asked for my Quicken ID and password. Once it signed me in it changed to the full price without the discount offered.

Is this only for new members? I went to quicken.com and saw the 40% off discount. I went through the process to renew but it asked for my Quicken ID and password. Once it signed me in it changed to the full price without the discount offered.

The Amazon one works for existing as my post above extending my subscription date validates.

This has been confusing me for a day or two. I also went to the Quicken website on my new laptop and saw the 40% discount price. I went to my desktop to purchase and download but the price there showed up as full price. I assume a cookie is at play here as this is the desktop I normally use for Quicken updates.

I went back to my new laptop and again, on the same page, saw the 40% discount price. In the order process after logging in with my Quicken ID the price changed to the full price. I aborted the purchase in disgust.

This morning I went to Amazon to check it out and saw no pricing on Quicken Premier. I clicked on the "other buying options" button and then saw pricing and the 40% off coupon check box. Finally purchased for 40% off and hoping to wean myself from dependency on Quicken this year after over 30 years of use. I'm so over them at this point. (Rant Over)

Does Quicken play nice with Fidelity? I'm thinking of trying it (I've never used quicken before).

Does Quicken play nice with Fidelity? I'm thinking of trying it (I've never used quicken before).

Quicken can download transactions and balances from normal Fidelity brokerage, IRA and HSA accounts.

It could not download from Fidelity Netbenefits accounts (employer 401ks) back when we had those. I assume that's still the case, but it has been a few years since I've tried.

Quicken can download transactions and balances from normal Fidelity brokerage, IRA and HSA accounts.

It could not download from Fidelity Netbenefits accounts (employer 401ks) back when we had those. I assume that's still the case, but it has been a few years since I've tried.

That’s interesting. I retired at the end of 2018. My employer 401k was with Fidelity Netbenefits my entire time at that company - 8 years. My transactions downloaded just fine from Fidelity. Perhaps it is employer specific.

Has Quicken changed their policy for renewing your subscription? I’m only seeing the option to buy Quicken from retail stores for new users. Previously I could just buy a one year subscription from Amazon and use it to extend my current subscription.

Has Quicken changed their policy for renewing your subscription? I’m only seeing the option to buy Quicken from retail stores for new users. Previously I could just buy a one year subscription from Amazon and use it to extend my current subscription.

Amazon is only selling the CD version of the product right now. it's here: https://www.amazon.com/Quicken-Deluxe-Personal-Finance-Subscription/dp/B082DNHYL3 Click on See All Buying Options.

If you buy that, it comes with a 1-year subscription. You can just throw away the CD and enter the code into your existing Quicken install under Help / Manage Your Subscription / Enter Activation Code.

Amazon is only selling the CD version of the product right now. it's here: https://www.amazon.com/Quicken-Deluxe-Personal-Finance-Subscription/dp/B082DNHYL3 Click on See All Buying Options.

If you buy that, it comes with a 1-year subscription. You can just throw away the CD and enter the code into your existing Quicken install under Help / Manage Your Subscription / Enter Activation Code.

Thanks! For some reason when I click on it, it says “see all buying options” but no price shows up. But if I click through I did find the 40% discount. It’s just a strange way of displaying it since it has no price on the initial screen.

This didn’t go as smoothly for me. Thanks to this thread, I purchased the marked down deluxe program. However, when the disk arrived, it was a premier, even though the Amazon sticker attached to the case labeled it as deluxe. I checked my Amazon account and confirmed that they only charged me for the deluxe. My quicken subscription expires in April, so I figured I’d enter the activation code now and extend to April 2024. When I did that, it upgraded me to premier and extended my subscription to only January of 2024, shorting me 4 months. I spent about 40 minutes on the phone with quicken and ultimately, a supervisor extended my subscription date out to April 2024, but he said that when you upgrade, you only get a one year subscription from the date of upgrade regardless of how much time is left on the existing account. I was ultimately made whole, but I just want to pass this on as an FYI.

This didn’t go as smoothly for me. Thanks to this thread, I purchased the marked down deluxe program. However, when the disk arrived, it was a premier, even though the Amazon sticker attached to the case labeled it as deluxe. I checked my Amazon account and confirmed that they only charged me for the deluxe. My quicken subscription expires in April, so I figured I’d enter the activation code now and extend to April 2024. When I did that, it upgraded me to premier and extended my subscription to only January of 2024, shorting me 4 months. I spent about 40 minutes on the phone with quicken and ultimately, a supervisor extended my subscription date out to April 2024, but he said that when you upgrade, you only get a one year subscription from the date of upgrade regardless of how much time is left on the existing account. I was ultimately made whole, but I just want to pass this on as an FYI.

Were you able to unlock the features of the Premier edition?

More important to me would be what’s going to happen in a year. Are they now stuck having to buy Premier going forward? Or, can they downgrade in a year after hopefully getting another deal on the Deluxe version.

Yes, it’s the full premier version. For some strange reason, Amazon mislabeled the disk as deluxe and sent it to me. I really don’t need any of the premier features. When my new subscription date hits in April 2024, I plan on downgrading back to Deluxe.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom