Recent Photo

Nemo - I think that photo of the 3 girls could win the photographer a contest somewhere. Almost too cute to be true. Enjoy them!

Nemo - I think that photo of the 3 girls could win the photographer a contest somewhere. Almost too cute to be true. Enjoy them!
Yes, she does great work, and drums up a lot of business.......she's a friend of the mother of the ten and seven year olds, and took the pics of them below:

5ysz2w.jpg

if3901.jpg

DW's niece is expecting another child and her son wasn't thrilled that he was going to have to move out of his bed....

Attachments

• Rex_eviction_notice.jpg
    Rex_eviction_notice.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 42
Nemo, congratulations! Twins! We have twin boys who are 32 now. They will be quite busy with those two. Awesome photos.

Yes, she does great work, and drums up a lot of business.......she's a friend of the mother of the ten and seven year olds, and took the pics of them below:

Nemo2, do you have permission to post these photos? From the kids and their parents, and from the professional photographer? What about copyright? Just wondering.....

Nemo2, do you have permission to post these photos? From the kids and their parents, and from the professional photographer? What about copyright? Just wondering.....
The parents are fine with it, and the photographer's identification is generally visible.......the pics, those taken by us, the parents, and the photographer are all shared on Facebook (by the parents and the photographer).......but, good question on copyright, it's something that never occurred to us........(the photographer is a friend of one of the mothers and a pic of hers (unrelated) apparently went viral and she won an award for it...and probably drummed up business...so I can't really envision complaints from her)

Last edited:
The parents are fine with it, and the photographer's identification is generally visible.......the pics, those taken by us, the parents, and the photographer are all shared on Facebook (by the parents and the photographer).......but, good question on copyright, it's something that never occurred to us........(the photographer is a friend of one of the mothers and a pic of hers (unrelated) apparently went viral and she won an award for it...and probably drummed up business...so I can't really envision complaints from her)

Well, I found this on her website. It clearly states that the photographer owns the copyright.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    350.6 KB · Views: 63
Well, I found this on her website. It clearly states that the photographer owns the copyright.

We're, right this moment, sending her a message on Facebook regarding permission...so if she objects to the postings we'll remove them.

We're, right this moment, sending her a message on Facebook regarding permission...so if she objects to the postings we'll remove them.

Good plan.

That Nemo2 guy, he sure lives on the edge.

Yeah, he could have gotten 10 years breaking rocks for that slip up!:facepalm:

Aw, Man......after I went out and bought DW & me a couple 1%er badges an' all.........the photographer says "No probs".....:dance:

Aw, Man......after I went out and bought DW & me a couple 1%er badges an' all.........the photographer says "No probs".....:dance:

That's great. Thank you for checking.

That's great. Thank you for checking.

Thanks for mentioning it.....it'd had never occurred to us.....Lindsay was pleased that we asked, so it's a win-win. :)

Yeah, he could have gotten 10 years breaking rocks for that slip up!:facepalm:

Well, no, but theoretically he could be sued by the copyright holder for infringement. Since all copyright cases are held in federal court, this gets expensive fast. The photographer must also have registered the photo with the U.S. Copyright office (or the country they live in if not U.S.) which even most professional photographers don't do. Well, you can sue if the photos aren't registered but that severely limits any compensation and good luck finding an attorney who would take the case.

So in real life it is highly unlikely that a relative is going to sue another relative for reposting a photo from Facebook.

Here's a good book on copyright for photographers: The Copyright Zone. There's also a long (over one hour) video on the subject on Youtube:

ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1442947070.884149.jpgImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1442947089.267354.jpg

Couple of pictures from my "Horse Pasture Hack-A-Thon" held on my and my neighbors property last Saturday. Did a 3 par 9 hole so everyone did the course twice. Had teens driving UTVs with beer and Jell-O shots. After the golf it was tri tip, chicken and tons of side dishes. A good time was had by all.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Where's that confounded alpaca?

Attachments

• 149.jpg
    149.jpg
    847.1 KB · Views: 55
At the controls of the USS Bluefin submarine, when I realized I'd just launched a nuclear missile:

yFC2rYS.jpg

Back
Top Bottom