Recent Photo

Dammit Al - you were responsible for the flipping Trident contrail a couple nights ago!

least you took down the UFO.

A boring combo of Recent Photos & Travel, (we just got back from Europe)............for those (if any) who want to view, we've found that just clicking on the first pic and then using the advance arrows is preferable to the 'Slide Show' option.

http://1drv.ms/1Oe1VcB

A boring combo of Recent Photos & Travel, (we just got back from Europe)............for those (if any) who want to view, we've found that just clicking on the first pic and then using the advance arrows is preferable to the 'Slide Show' option.

Thanks for posting, Nemo2, these are awesome! A few maritime questions (I appreciate you may not know the answers)....

1. The abandoned Zodiac boat. Had it been used by refugees?
2. What are they going to do with the Norman Atlantic?
3. How does the Celebrity Constellation compare with the CDF Horizon? I will be crossing the Atlantic on the Constellation in 2016.

Kotor recently topped some list of most interesting undiscovered places to visit. I can see why.

I think I clicked on the wrong link because there is nothing boring about the pictures I saw! They are amazing--you and Mrs Nemo are quite talented. It must have been a great trip.

Not boring at all - great pics! Inspiring me for future travel. :)

1. The abandoned Zodiac boat. Had it been used by refugees? ¿Quién sabe? It was just drifting, no signs of life (or death).......could've come from anywhere, I guess.......although I presume migrants was the first thing that came to most of us.

2. What are they going to do with the Norman Atlantic? I don't know, but I imagine that when any and all insurance claims/law suits are settled it'll be sold as scrap......can't imagine what else they'd do with it.

3. How does the Celebrity Constellation compare with the CDF Horizon? I will be crossing the Atlantic on the Constellation in 2016. We took the Constellation from Civitavecchia to Miami in 2013. We enjoyed both ships, although the Horizon is more to our liking, it's smaller for one thing, which we prefer.

Big plus for the Constellation on our trip was the Captain....youngest, I believe, of the Celebrity captains; Greek guy, very smart, injected Greek Mythology into his lectures/daily announcements, and we believe he may have had no small impact on the high morale of the crew.

But, I believe he's since moved on to one of the larger vessels, which I believe he was involved in designing.

Kotor recently topped some list of most interesting undiscovered places to visit. I can see why. I'd visited Dubrovnik previously, almost 30 years ago, before the shelling, but not Kotor.......DW had been to neither, and although she liked both, her preference was for Kotor.

Hope this helps.......BTW...we're already booked on the Horizon (again) from St. Maarten to Barcelona next Spring.

Last edited:

Thanks for posting. The pics were interesting. Glad you two had a great time.

Thank you all for the responses......we did have a great time, (it's 131 days from now until our next outing).........the clock is ticking, (especially for me...my 'child bride' is 10 years younger), so we're getting as much of it in while we can.

Back from the Sea of Cortez, cruising, snorkeling, kayaking, trail riding. Swimming with several 30 ft Whale sharks, and playful Sea Lion pups. :dance:

PICT0120.jpg

I love travel photos. Got more?

Not if you put them in an off-site place and link to it. ;)

I don't know, but first time I see them. Nice. You are well traveled.

I just went through them all.

Oh boy, looking at old travel photos in your youth, would that not bring tears to your eyes?

PS. By the way, you should start a thread named "Old Travel Photos", so others can join in. This would make this kind of memorabilia easier to find for later forum readers.

Last edited:
I just went through them all.

Oh boy, looking at old travel photos in your youth, would that not bring tears to your eyes?

PS. By the way, you should start a thread named "Old Travel Photos", so others can join in. This would make this kind of memorabilia easier to find for later forum readers.

Done.

I did a fair bit of travel in my youth without taking a single pic, (shortage of funds, plus the cost of developing), so most of the above are from 'middle age'.....but, yeah.

Our eldest granddaughter, 11 in two months, chosen by the Upper Canada District School Board to record a commercial about registering for kindergarten:

2ep4kz5.jpg

Here's the DW and I from Sept. at the Grand Canyon. She gets fun, toe tingling reactions from her friends when she shows them.

Attachments

• IMG_1831.jpg
    IMG_1831.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 141
  • IMG_2788.jpg
    IMG_2788.jpg
    989.7 KB · Views: 156
Back
Top Bottom