Restaurant Dining

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been fully vaccinated since March and have been eating out once or twice a week. I always tip 20% except on a small bill if I actually get waited on. Then I tip more because they expend the same amount of time no matter what I eat. If I pick up my food at a counter then a few bucks is fine. Our mask mandate has been lifted but I carry one because you never know which places still require one.

Reactions: W2R
Major Tom, good luck with your knee replacement. DH had his knee replacement 5 weeks ago and is doing well. He slowly walked a half mile yesterday. On the other hand, I as his caretaker am not doing so well--it hurt my back to help him and I have an appt with a back doctor on Monday. It's always something.

If I can also slowly walk half a mile in 5 weeks, I'll be quite happy with that. That gives me something to look forward to! I agree with you - it's always something. I've been lucky with my health, but am beginning to realize that I need to fix things as they go wrong, otherwise I'll be dealing with multiple things at the same time. Once my knee is fixed, the next weak spot will be my hip on the same side. However, it hasn't yet degenerated enough for surgery to be considered as an option. I'm hoping to get a few pretty good years before the hip needs replacing - and am then hoping that something else won't need fixing at that point, so I can have good mobility for a while longer, before everything starts falling apart!

It's almost like home ownership :LOL:

Good luck with your knee replacement! I will be "rooting for you" as you go through the surgery and recovery. The recovery period can be challenging for a few weeks. But for me the ultimate results have been phenomenal and I hope your results are too. Even now, over two years later, my knee keeps surprising me by getting better and better. It's probably 10x stronger than the knee that didn't have surgery and I love having all that stability.

Thank you, W2R. Like you, I have a feeling my newly rejuvenated knee will begin showing up other parts of my frame and putting them to shame! I have been hobbling and wobbling around for the last few years, so a newfound stability will be welcome. I am rather bowlegged, and am curious to see if the knee surgery corrects for this at all. The surgeon has indicated this as a possibility, but not a foregone conclusion.

Last edited:
Cases here per 100,000 here are 6.2. I don't care, give me sushi!

Tuna reproductive capabilities are amazing - - each female produces millions of eggs per year. Survival of the fittest being as it is, most of these eggs don't grow up and make it to adulthood due to competition. But some do, as many as the ecosystem can support. Harvesting fewer tunas shouldn't have much effect on how plentiful they are.

So good to know! The Islands wouldn't be the same without them, though YMMV.

Dined in at a local restaurant breakfast/lunch house that has been around since 1936. Bacon and two eggs over easy with hash-browns and sourdough toast. I'm getting hungry thinking about it again! Took home half the hash-browns and two of the four thick slabs of bacon. Two meals for the price of one.

I have been fully vaccinated since March and have been eating out once or twice a week. I always tip 20% except on a small bill if I actually get waited on. Then I tip more because they expend the same amount of time no matter what I eat. If I pick up my food at a counter then a few bucks is fine. Our mask mandate has been lifted but I carry one because you never know which places still require one.

+1, with the caveat that DW and I have been eating out a little more than that (maybe 2-3 times a week) for a while now.

We have dinner out at least 3 times/week - before, during and after the pandemic. We went from all takeout, to takeout or outdoor seating - and we’re finally eating indoors some now. We always preferred outside seating before the pandemic, so we weren’t that put out sitting outside during the pandemic. We resorted to a lot of takeout last year to support restaurants, but we’ve finally ended that practice. Before the pandemic we usually tipped 18-20% for good service, since then we’re 20-25% or more and plan to continue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom