Retire in your 30s and Get Subsidized Healthcare? I don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do you draw the line......................

The truest statement in life, and I believe in the good treatment of others, is "Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime". .............. Much like feeding ducks at the lake, it is not healthy for them and we teach them to not be effective. Its actually a shame.

Jesus started it ---- handing out those Fishes and Loaves ........ Now look what's happened !

At the rate things are going, I have doubts about how much longer this thread will stay open.

The truest statement in life, and I believe in the good treatment of others, is "Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime". We have become wealthy enough as a society to try and save others from their poor decisions. Much like feeding ducks at the lake, it is not healthy for them and we teach them to not be effective. Its actually a shame.

There we have it...the solution! Why didn’t we see it earlier? :facepalm:

Underwrite just needs to take Fuego fishing. :clap:

Many corporations pay zero taxes, but root of good getting subsidized health care for his family bothers you?

+100
This is exactly my thought. Why to pick on one smart dude (well, there's a little crowd of such smart dudes/gals now, but the OP chose to pick on RofG)?
Go after Apples, FB's, Google's, Accentures, Pfizer's, etc. etc. companies that employ legions of lawyers to structure or actually restructure the companies' corporate DNAs to take advantage of the bazzilion of tax loopholes and pay minimum of taxes. Sure, the PR says they all used to pay 30% or more in taxes before the new tax law, but it's not really true. It makes me mad to read about such companies, but hey, it's legal! So, I say it's good for RofG that he can take *legal* advantage of such perks for little people. Besides, OP can do the same thing, why vent?!

The truest statement in life, and I believe in the good treatment of others, is "Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime". We have become wealthy enough as a society to try and save others from their poor decisions. Much like feeding ducks at the lake, it is not healthy for them and we teach them to not be effective. Its actually a shame.

One of the problems these days is that the 'teacher' is going to charge the 'pupil' 100k or 200k to teach him to fish and then put all sorts of barriers in his way when he goes and tries to make a living fishing.

... The truest statement in life, and I believe in the good treatment of others, is "Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime"...

Nowadays, if you "teach a man to fish, he will sit in a boat drinking beer all day". :LOL:

coldbeer-370x300.jpg

men_fishing_1-768x432.jpg

two-male-friends-clinking-beer-bottles-sitting-together-during-the-fishing-process-on-the-pier-near-the-lake-P8RYEP.jpg

DVnt22DUMAAf-E-.jpg

Last edited:
“The lawyers who wrote ACA didn't foresee this legal loophole...”

It is not a “loophole”. The subsidies are based on income not accumulated assets. If it had been written to qualify based on assets 90 percent would probably get a subsidy.

When the government gets involve in areas they have no business getting involved in there will be winners and losers. In this case the people generating high income and paying taxes are the losers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom