Retirement parties

DOG52 said:
I'm down to my last month. :D

Me too!!!

Achiever51 said:
Several years ago, one of my co-workers (Chris) announced he planned to retire at the end of the month and the usual "committee" started to plan the typical retirement luncheon for his last day on the job. On his last week, Chris invited me to join him for lunch on what would have been the day before his last day at work -- and asked if I wouldn't mind meeting him at the restaurant instead of driving together as he would be coming from another direction. I thought it was going to be just a one on one lunch. When I arrived at the restaurant, I learned that Chris had invited about 40 of us to join him for his own version of a retirement party...paid for by Chris as a thank you to all his favorite coworkers/friends. What a classy way to go out! (Oh, by the way, that was also Chris' last day at work.)

When I retired in December, 06, I did the same thing -- just invited a group to join me for lunch. Very nice.

I'm doing roughly the same thing, although the party I'm throwing will be a cook-out at my house! I'm having a couple fellow w*rkers there, as well as some of my already-retired friends, and a few of my neighbors and friends. I think we'll all have a pretty good time. :D

I'm not going to be at w*rk my last scheduled day (they won't know that until THAT day), which is the day they always have the "official" retirement breakfast. I hope they enjoy their breakfast w/o me!!! :LOL:

Garmin nuvi 660
Always a handy thing to have in case someone tells you to get lost :-*
Kidding
congrats on the retirement !
And if they give a crystal bowl it would be nice if they filled it first.....

Back
Top Bottom