Returning Member

JOHNNIE36

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Hello to all. It's been since around 7-28-17 since I was able to follow the community and all the posts. That was the day we packed up and moved out of our house in the Tampa area. Everything went into storage. We had purchased another home in Naples, FL but couldn't get possession until November 1st. In that 90 day period we stayed with our daughter for one month, our son for another month and then rented a condo in Naples for another month. Varying circumstances necessitated those decisions. And in the middle of all that we went through hurricane Irma. Moved around a couple more times because of no power and /or water in Naples.

Anyway, we are finally in our home and trying to get back to normal. Got the old computer hooked back u:dance:p and one of the first places I went to was this site. Good to be back and looking forward to all your posts.

It sounded like you have been busy with your life and the curve the weather threw your way. Glad life is getting more normal now.

It has been a couple of bad years in Florida, hope all is well. We survived, so life is back to normal.

Welcome back I remember you were living in Sun city when you last posted . I wondered what happened so a move and Hurricane Irma happened.Hope you and your wife are well

Hello to all. It's been since around 7-28-17 since I was able to follow the community and all the posts. That was the day we packed up and moved out of our house in the Tampa area. Everything went into storage. We had purchased another home in Naples, FL but couldn't get possession until November 1st. In that 90 day period we stayed with our daughter for one month, our son for another month and then rented a condo in Naples for another month. Varying circumstances necessitated those decisions. And in the middle of all that we went through hurricane Irma. Moved around a couple more times because of no power and /or water in Naples.

Anyway, we are finally in our home and trying to get back to normal. Got the old computer hooked back u:dance:p and one of the first places I went to was this site. Good to be back and looking forward to all your posts.

Welcome back! You were missed, and I am glad to read that you are finally in your home and apparently doing well.

Last edited:
Glad you are back! Hope we can have some calmer weather years for a little while at least.

Glad to hear you are back, having survived both an extended move and Irma. :nonono:

We had a SW FL forum member meetup last season in Punta Gorda (in early April IIRC). Perhaps you might consider joining us when we set one up later this season?

omni

Interesting last few months for you... welcome back.

Welcome back. I'm a bit disappointed that you are now in Naples... DM and an aunt live in SCC and I was hoping to look you up. Anywho, glad to hear you absence was only due to a move and not something more serious.

Welcome back. You have been busy, busy. Glad to hear that you are settled.

Welcome back. Didn't you do some bathroom remodel, perhaps even twice, in the old home before this move?

Just trying to show off my "superior memory". :)

Ahhhh...so glad you and the missus are happy. It's great hearing from you. :greetings10:

Thanks everyone for the welcome back comments. We'll be another month before things are "back to normal". I'm talking about getting the house back to a "normal" condition. Both wife and I can't do much anymore due to health problems. I'm on a cane 95% of the time. Wife has lung issues and can do 50% of what she used to. We're hiring people to do most of our work now and or son lives about a mile away. He's the reason we moved down here, to be closer to the "help".

Good to be back and checking all the posts. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom