Returning to the scene

Zoocat

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Hi all,
I used to post as Oldbabe but disappeared from here about 2010 after a minor kerfuffle with the moderator. Since I posted a reply on a thread I thought I should re-introduce myself. I'm not a typical early retiree, having originally joined the forum soon after a divorce in order to learn about personal finance. My retirement was and is almost totally based upon a divorce settlement and family trust.

Although, I have to say, that the only reason I am financially secure now, 12 years later, is because I have managed my finances with rigorous attention. I know plenty of people who have blown through their money and are now close to destitute, living on credit cards in their non existent retirement, and trying to cobble together a livelihood from various jobs.

I learned a lot from this forum and that's one reason I decided to re-register. Seems like the economy is entering another sketchy period, not sure why, except for the obvious, an overvalued stock market and banks that are all leveraged up again. Hard to know what's actually going on behind the scenes of all those financial institutions. Just feels like bad mojo again. So, if things go south, I might need to figure out some financial difficulties and this would be a good place to do that.

Welcome back...

Let's hope you do not have the same problem as you did earlier...

Hi there Oldbabe!

I recall that right after I joined this forum, I read a thread that you started, talking about growing a vegetable garden. I remember you counted all the money you spent, then concluded with a statement that you had not gotten anything out of that garden to eat yet. :)

Was that you, or perhaps my "superior" memory is failing again? It could be someone else. At about the same time, Khan was posting photos of her veggie plants, or was it some fruits, and those of some squirrels.

It's been 8 years already!

Hi there Oldbabe!

I recall that right after I joined this forum, I read a thread that you started, talking about growing a vegetable garden. I remember you counted all the money you spent, then concluded with a statement that you had not gotten anything out of that garden to eat yet. :)

It's been 8 years already!

That was probably me. I had a plot in a community garden. Returning to the forum after five years has been fun, so far, like a college reunion or something!

Welcome back Zoocat.

New name is good but oldbabe, now that leaves a cool "sassy lady" impression.

Just feels like bad mojo again. So, if things go south, I might need to figure out some financial difficulties and this would be a good place to do that.
Welcome back Oldbabe. Glad things worked out for you. I hope your reasons for returning turn out to be the camaraderie and not necessity!

welcome back! Glad that it's not a crisis returning you here but appreciation of the knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom