RIP-Elgin Baylor

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Former Los Angeles Lakers player and Hall-of-Famer Elgin Baylor died on Monday at the age of 86, in which the organization described as “peacefully” and of “natural causes.”
“Elgin was THE superstar of his era - his many accolades speak to that,” Lakers Governor Jeanie Buss said in a statement. “He was one of the few Lakers players whose career spanned from Minneapolis to Los Angeles. But more importantly he was a man of great integrity, even serving his country as a U.S. Army reservist, often playing for the Lakers only during his weekend pass. He is one of the all-time Lakers greats with his No. 22 jersey retired in the rafters and his statue standing guard in front of STAPLES Center. He will always be part of the Lakers legacy

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...lor-dies-of-natural-causes-age-86/4803797001/

Very smooth player from clips I have seen.

Elgin Baylor is one of the greatest NBA players to never get a ring. Baylor walked away from the game during the 71-72 season stating that he felt that his play was not up to standard and that fans and teammates deserved better. And in a twist of cruel irony, the Lakers ended up winning the NBA title at the end of that same season!

Elgin Baylor was in many ways a transformational player whose style was later emulated by the likes of Dr. J and Kobe Bryant. Baylor was a beast around the rim - his up and under move was almost unstoppable and he had a deft touch with both his right and left hands. During 14 NBA seasons he averaged 27.4 points, 13.5 rebounds and 4.3 assists per game.

What a great, long life he had. RIP Elgin Baylor.

Back
Top Bottom