RIP Leon Russell

:( So sad. I liked "Tight Rope" a lot.

Last edited:
Always loved his I'll Take You There - Mighty Quinn Medley.

Man, I sure loved this guy. Probably have 8-10 albums of his stuff in different formats. Have been playing Leon Live (LP) since I heard the news. Downloaded (illegally) some years ago his stuff that I like, and play it at least once a month. Guess one of my favorite lines from one of his songs is" "Stray dogs that live by the highway walk on three legs."---But that just shows how weird I am.

R.I.P. Leon----you'll be missed.

Also loved the line from the song 'Stranger in a Strange Land'---"How many days has it been since I was born?.....how many days till I die?" About 25 years ago I ran the numbers and it came up pretty even on both sides....but now I'm too scared to try!

Saw him back in the 70s and have always been a fan. RIP Leon, you made some great music.

I enjoyed his, and his alter-ego, Hank Wilson's, music a lot! He was quite successful in two music markets.

I'm a huge fan of "A Song for You." Was hoping to attend his next "birthday party" concert.

Try concert for Bangaldesh's version of Beware of Darkness by Leon.

Saw him in concert in Chicago in the 70's. Was wearing the signature top hat.

I enjoyed his, and his alter-ego, Hank Wilson's, music a lot! He was quite successful in two music markets.

I'm a big fan of classic country music (can't stand that New Country crap), and Leon's "Hank Wilson's Back" album has always been one of my all-time favorites. I will miss him. RIP.

Back
Top Bottom