RIP Little Richard

Birdie Num Nums

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
A true legend and pioneer of rock 'n roll Little Richard has died at age 87. He was one of my very favorites (and a huge inspiration to my favorite musical act of all time, The Beatles). I saw him perform once, circa 1987.

7c67ff3c0593d43858af85649b012d69.jpg

"I woke up this morning, Lucille was not in sight"

Always a favorite of mine in my youth!

"I woke up this morning, Lucille was not in sight
I asked my friends about her but all their lips were tight"

I may very well be wrong on this but I seem to remember an interview with Paul McCartney in which he said he really tried to write a song with a melody (almost) consisting of a single note. Like Little Richard. The result was “Drive My Car”.

Little Richard and Chuck Berry -- after them, the field falls away. This is my favorite of Richard's --

A true legend and pioneer of rock 'n roll Little Richard has died at age 87. He was one of my very favorites (and a huge inspiration to my favorite musical act of all time, The Beatles). I saw him perform once, circa 1987.

7c67ff3c0593d43858af85649b012d69.jpg

Great picture! Before the Beatles were famous! 1962

Last edited:
Without Love is one of my favorites. I checked my videos and the only ones I downloaded are Peace in the Valley and I Feel Pretty. I think he would have been good in The Soul Stirrers. He could have taken Sam Cooke's place.

Heh, heh, my mom was none too happy when, in about 5th grade, I came home singing "Good Golly Miss Molly/You sure like to ball." What a fantastic time to grow up (if I ever actually grew up!) RIP!

Back
Top Bottom