RIP Lou Reed

My favorite is the Velvet Underground version of Sweet Jane.
His music will live on.

Oh-no. Such sad news.

My favorite CD Magic and Loss - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Magic_and_Loss
Magic_and_Loss_%28Lou_Reed%29_album_cover.jpg

He lived his life his way. I am absolutely bummed out by this news.

Last edited:
RIP...

As luck would have it, I was watching a rerun of a recent Isle of Wight concert on TV just Friday night, featuring, among others, Lou Reed and Iggy Pop...

The Seattle-based record label SubPop tweeted, "Sunday Mourning--we're going to miss you, Lou."

Couldn't have said it better. My favorite Pandora station has Lou as its seed.

Loved Lou Reed. Still have my Velvet Underground records on vinyl - could never bear to let them go. His wife Laurie Anderson was also a talented musician. So much about Lou out there today - here's something the BBC put together I thought was kinda cool:

Perfect Day - BBC promotion - YouTube

Loved Lou Reed. Still have my Velvet Underground records on vinyl - could never bear to let them go. His wife Laurie Anderson was also a talented musician. So much about Lou out there today - here's something I missed the BBC put together I thought was kinda cool:

Wow, just wow!

I didn't know Laurie Anderson was his wife - makes perfect sense though. They are both creative powerhouses.

I didn't know Laurie Anderson was his wife - makes perfect sense though. They are both creative powerhouses.

Love, love, love Laurie. DH and I have often joked how cool it would be for Lou and Laurie's car to get stuck in front of our house on a snowy night. We would welcome them in and apologize for our 4 unruly cats ;-)

Saw her in concert years ago and loved her. So sorry for your loss Laurie.

O Superman - Laurie Anderson - as displayed in the MOMA, New York - YouTube

Back
Top Bottom