RIP - Singer Meat Loaf has Passed at 74

Montecfo

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Last edited:
Saw him in concert in later life. Not the same as his youth, but pretty good still.
Bat out of hell is one of my favorite albums. Like/love every song on the album.
Great songwriting too by his musical partner.

Bat Out of Hell :). College friends played it so often they had to replace their album from being worn. A favorite while playing Drunk Foosball. Drink a shot if you get scored on.

I didn’t know that Bat Out of Hell was an album. I only heard it in 8 Track, baby!

TMZ is reporting that he died from COVID.

"He was supposed to attend a business dinner earlier this week for a show he's working on -- "I'd Do Anything for Love" -- but the dinner was canceled because he became seriously ill with COVID. Sources tell us that condition quickly became critical."

https://www.tmz.com/2022/01/21/meat-loaf-dead-dies-singer/

I saw that yet there it seems as most other news outlets aren't disclosing this.

He was a talented musician although I wasn't a particular fan of his music.

My reaction to Meatloaf dying?

Let me sleep on it, I’ll give you an answer in the morning.

I had just started at my college's radio station when "Bat Out of Hell" came out. I remember the Rock DJ's being excited about it and the station played in at least a month before the local commercial rock stations picked it up. Our station may have gotten an e gold record for promoting and playing it before many others, but I am not sure about that. RIP.

I had to listen to his top ten on utube and only a few even rang a bell with me... Just not my style of music.

Regardless, RIP

Last edited:
I saw that yet there it seems as most other news outlets aren't disclosing this.

He was a talented musician although I wasn't a particular fan of his music.

He started his music career at a time where there were much more talented bands such as the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Rush, Deep Purple, ELP, Chicago, Steely Dan, ELO, Santana, The Doors, Pink Floyd, The Eagles, The Rolling Stones, David Bowie, Genesis, Yes, and dozens of others. The late 60's and 70's were one of the greatest periods for music but didn't rush out to buy any Meatloaf albums.

He started his music career at a time where there were much more talented bands such as the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Rush, Deep Purple, ELP, Chicago, Steely Dan, ELO, Santana, The Doors, Pink Floyd, The Eagles, The Rolling Stones, David Bowie, Genesis, Yes, and dozens of others. The late 60's and 70's were one of the greatest periods for music but didn't rush out to buy any Meatloaf albums.

Big Meat fan here.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree (by maybe 50%) on your more talented band list. :cool:

I really loved Bat Out Of Hell - played it often with the car windows down, blaring away in the middle of summer in my University days.

Unfortunately, when we finally saw him live about 7 years ago, it was a very disappointing show. In fact, a person that we knew who was working as an usher near the stage, confirmed that the show was lip-synched.

Still, it is always sad when another of the icons of our youth passes.

Sad that such a great entertainer is dead of Covid, based on his earlier statements it appears he was not vaccinated. A real loss that could have been prevented.

I wasn’t a big fan but whenever I heard his song “I’d do anything for Love” (But I won’t do that) it always brought a smile to my face.

I wasn't a big fan, but only song I remember from Meat Loaf is "Two out of Three Ain't Bad". Catchy tune.

Sorry to hear of his passing.

I wasn’t a big fan but whenever I heard his song “I’d do anything for Love” (But I won’t do that) it always brought a smile to my face.
Great video too! He really had a presence.

Most of these bands were not in fact contemporaries of MeatLoaf. Mr. Loaf, as the NYTimes once referred to him, cut his first album in 1977. Most on this list started in the 60s and several had disbanded before anyone heard of MeatLoaf. And of the list only the Eagles and Pink Floyd could boast an album with comparable sales to Bat Out of Hell.

So apparently millions were in fact rushing out to buy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom