RobbieB haven't seen you around for awhile

street

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
RobbieB, just wondering if you are at Sea. Haven't seen you post lately just wondering how you are doing?

TTT

Maybe send a PM? If he's not looking at the site he won't see this thread, but a PM sends an email, assuming he has it set to receive them, which most members do.

I love how this forum checks in on members!

There are quite a few who have disappeared in the years I have been here.

I belong to a few online communities and they really are communities. We keep track and frequently meet up In Real Life (IRL) as they do here in the Florida meets.
It's a good thing :)

If I recall correctly you are Portland-ish, and when the dust of our move and construction settles, I could see a meet down that way.
We are usually going like crazy on the way to California or points afar and sail past there at full cruise.

Last edited:

+1

Speaking of disappearing members, anyone know whatever happened to HaHa? He was a prolific poster here for many years after I first joined, but I see that his last post was way back in Dec 2020. (Sorry for the thread hijack.)

+1

Speaking of disappearing members, anyone know whatever happened to HaHa? He was a prolific poster here for many years after I first joined, but I see that his last post was way back in Dec 2020. (Sorry for the thread hijack.)

Many examples including some current and past moderators.

When did RobbieB take down his avatar?

Hmmm... I did not notice that. It looks like he was upset at something.

+1

In the case of HaHa, I think it may have to do with health. Over the years, I saw many posters fade away due to this reason. A few stopped posting for financial troubles. Others may simply get bored and move on.

Last edited:

In the case of HaHa, I think it may have to do with health. Over the years, I saw many posters fade away due to this reason. A few stopped posting for financial troubles. Others may simply get bored and move on.

@Daylatedollarshort stopped posting early March at least for now after 9k posts after a contentious back and forth.

Haha started posting infrequently a couple of years ago, and when everyone made a fuss about him not being here, he came back a few times to say hi, etc, but I think he eventually got tired of us or our posts lol. I see in his stats that he logged in last Jan, so I'm sure he's still around, but just not here.

Haha started posting infrequently a couple of years ago, and when everyone made a fuss about him not being here, he came back a few times to say hi, etc, but I think he eventually got tired of us or our posts lol. I see in his stats that he logged in last Jan, so I'm sure he's still around, but just not here.

Hope he's ok.

Robbie B's last post was not a happy one. Perhaps just taking a break or potentially doesn't want to post anymore.
Nemo was another popular poster who stopped posting after some contentious postings.

For me living in a very rural area I don't see people and don't get to talk to too many people since I retired.

The people here are my friends and social life to some degree. I do notice when people haven't been on for a while. I guess it is my human nature living where I do that people check on people when they haven't been seen for a while.

I did notice Haha also hadn't been around for sometime.

. . .

The people here are my friends and social life to some degree. I do notice when people haven't been on for a while. I guess it is my human nature living where I do that people check on people when they haven't been seen for a while.

. . .

The world would be a better place with more people like that . . .

We lost a lot of good posters during the contentious times of COVID. I won't name them all, I did in a different thread.

That time left scars. They aren't all healed. Some tough stuff was said and rules were made. Some have turned out to be specious. But, oh well, we do our best and hang on. Unfortunately, some have just moved on .

Senator posted prolifically and well on personal finance topics up until he retired from a company, bought a pickup and took a vacation to Branson a few years ago.

Back
Top Bottom