RobinHood race from $2,500 to $250,000

You are amazing for your knowledge on drug stocks and seeing opportunity

Check out UMRX. I bought Thursday at .78, currently at .91. Analysts are saying $10 this year.

Thanks Running_Man, although let us not get a big head here. I realize I am having a very good streak of luck. It was always going to require luck to get a 10,000% gain in 10 years (or fewer!)

ckelly: Interesting. A quick first glance at UMRX shows it to be, at least on the surface, similar to a nano cap bio ADXS which I bought a few thousand shares at $0.28 to $0.32. Sadly I sold them for a profit at $0.40 to $0.60 and today, a few weeks later, it is trading at $1.25!

The surface similarities are both have way more cash than market cap. ADXS had a $12 mil market cap and $35 mil in net cash. It looks like UMRX has a $30 mil market cap and $40 mil net cash. Both are down some 90% or more from recent highs. Neither has a stage 3 drug. I'll dig into it more...it might be worth a little trade in Robinhood.

ckelly: Interesting. A quick first glance at UMRX shows it to be, at least on the surface, similar to a nano cap bio ADXS which I bought a few thousand shares at $0.28 to $0.32. Sadly I sold them for a profit at $0.40 to $0.60 and today, a few weeks later, it is trading at $1.25!

The surface similarities are both have way more cash than market cap. ADXS had a $12 mil market cap and $35 mil in net cash. It looks like UMRX has a $30 mil market cap and $40 mil net cash. Both are down some 90% or more from recent highs. Neither has a stage 3 drug. I'll dig into it more...it might be worth a little trade in Robinhood.

Ironically, I take Rituximab chemo treatments on a semi-regular basis, many of the clinical trials of UMRX involve this therapy. I figure they can help me pay my medical bills, while I help pay their business bills.

Fermion,

Any updates? Or maybe some more tips for your beginner trader fan club? ;)

Fermion,

Any updates? Or maybe some more tips for your beginner trader fan club? ;)

I sold most of the Nektar but held on to a small amount. This turned out to be a really really bad idea since it has crashed hard. I also bought Stemline (STML) at $7 and it is trading for $6.70 now. I bought some Merck March 2020 $90 calls which are helping.

Right now I think either Stemline or Merck are going to be the next winners in my Robinhood. Merck could go to $90 tomorrow on good earnings, but it depends how the market is reacting from the wuflu.

You should buy some Tesla calls people seem to be making a killing lately. Tesla has an upcoming battery day, possible SP500 addition after Q1, and full self driving will be feature complete in a couple of months.

You should buy some Tesla calls people seem to be making a killing lately. Tesla has an upcoming battery day, possible SP500 addition after Q1, and full self driving will be feature complete in a couple of months.

Do you think that TSLA stock actually reflects the current or future value of the company?

Well, my opinion is that if Tesla is worth $135B then a lot of other companies are undervalued by a significant amount, so I am picky.

TESLA is not possibly qualifying for inclusion in the S&P500 until October 1st.

Tesla's valuation is insane. I'm thinking about shorting it though... Because that stock has bubble written all over it. And I think it's down about 10% today.

And by the way, I need to stick to my regular buy and hold good companies strategy. I decided to throw $2000 of play money into a Robinhood account and see if I could come close to emulating your success here. So far, over 3 months, I'm at $1866. lol. My other accounts are appreciating quite nicely. This buy and sell thing doesn't seem to be working out for me too well. :LOL:

Tesla's valuation is insane. I'm thinking about shorting it though... Because that stock has bubble written all over it. And I think it's down about 10% today.

I actually took a serious look into buying Tesla puts yesterday when it topped $960 but they were crazy expensive. It was like $100 for a $900 put that expired in a few days.

What metrics attract you to a certain stock, (earnings reports, analyst ratings, P-E ratio) when you are looking for something new ?

I actually took a serious look into buying Tesla puts yesterday when it topped $960 but they were crazy expensive. It was like $100 for a $900 put that expired in a few days.

Whoever bought those $900 puts are in the money right now and got their $100 back, too.

I didn't even get that far into looking into it, but that's crazy expensive. Apparently we're not the only people who think the valuation is nuts.

I didn't even get that far into looking into it, but that's crazy expensive. Apparently we're not the only people who think the valuation is nuts.
The Tesla FanBois are still thinking $1,000++++ People now are turning from FOMO to FOLO as price dropped today. It's all based on speculation, plain and simple. Hard to gauge what will or won't happen based on irrational buying.

Hey Fermion,

I've just gotten lucky with a winning stock, and now I feel like a dog that caught the car...and don't know what to do!

I bought a few shares of PLUG last week and it's gained 42.% I set a stop order at about 5%, so I'll just let it run. Should I buy more shares, or has it gone up too much? Should I wait for it to hit my stop & then buy more?

How do you make these decisions? I sure have a lot to learn! :)

Any updates? Was thinking about this thread when CNBC was showing all the bio stocks going through the roof due to corona virus.

Any updates? Was thinking about this thread when CNBC was showing all the bio stocks going through the roof due to corona virus.

Honestly I have been so busy trading in my IRAs and taxable that I have not even touched Robinhood. I am holding 2000 shares of Stemline which are down about a buck, holding some Nektar options expiring in May which are down and I have about $4000 cash in there.

I think the account balance is about $17,000 so it has taken a virus hit.

IF only I had purchased SPY puts in there. I would have hit my $250,000 goal.

Honestly I have been so busy trading in my IRAs and taxable that I have not even touched Robinhood. I am holding 2000 shares of Stemline which are down about a buck, holding some Nektar options expiring in May which are down and I have about $4000 cash in there.

I think the account balance is about $17,000 so it has taken a virus hit.

IF only I had purchased SPY puts in there. I would have hit my $250,000 goal.

Almost any puts purchased 2 weeks ago would have worked.

Fermion, any update? I assume you may have made some money with this volatile market.

I have about $2,500 cash in one of my accounts. I may try my luck at this, as well.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, if you look at it from a tax perspective) I did my put buying in my Roth and traditional IRAs so all of the money I made from the crash was not taxable but did not help my poor Robinhood account. For tax reasons I did not try and buy puts in taxable accounts in case I encountered the horrible "Wash sale, you lose the basis" thing.

The Robinhood account is sitting around $13,000, with something like $4,000 in cash and $8500 in 2000 shares of Stemline (STML). I am *pretty* (somewhat, a little, maybe) sure that Stemline will come through this and be in the $7 to $9 range by 2021 but until then I am just going to hunker down on Robinhood.

Back
Top Bottom