Rui Resorts

ripper1

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Has anyone been to Rui Palace Riviera Maya All Inclusive Resort in Playa del Carmen, Mexico? We are going soon and have heard nothing but good things about it on the Internet.

No experience, but Tripadvisor rates it #35 of 183 hotels in Playa del Carmen, so you should be fine with it. Well over 2,000 reviews on TA, and the vast majority are Excellent.

No experience with that specific resort; but, I have stayed in a few of the Riu's around Puerto Vallarta and was always satisfied with the service, etc.

The Playacar area where the Palace Riviera Maya is gated, quiet and safe. I have spent some time in the area; and, there are many on this board who have spent much more time around here.

If you do stay in this resort and want to get away from the crowds a bit, walk south down the beach past two or three other resorts and enjoy a completely deserted area of beach.

I stayed at this property 3 times in 2002,2003 and 2004 as an alternative to going on a cruise. Being all inclusive is like the cruise experience, but you have a long beach to stroll.

I really liked this property, but stopped visiting when a hurricane destroyed the playa del carmen beaches in 2005. It appears the beaches have recovered.

The Palace food is better than the standard RUI, but it is not gourmet. I also like the RUI Palace properties because they always have a palm tree forest between the hotel and the beach. This way I can sit by the beach and still hide from the sun.

The Palace tends to be a bit quieter than the other nearby RUI properties (fewer kids and young adults). But, your wrist band allows you to visit all the other nearby RUI properties and enjoy the dining and night life activities.

As long as you get into vacation mode early and just roll with the waves, you will have a great time.

Thanks for the info Utah. We are leaving for this resort in a few days and have heard nothing but good things about it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom