Score one for Walmart

While I'm not averse to shopping at Walmart like some, the store is not a pleasant place to shop. The one we used to frequent was in an upscale Orange County (CA) neighborhood. The store is disheveled, I can't find anything and the associates don't seem to be very helpful or astute. A couple of the employees would seem to fall under the barely employable category. Target seems nicer or at least has convinced me it's nicer.

I live a couple of miles away from a new Walmart. I also signed up for an email service from our Police Dept. to receive an email every time there is a crime within a two mile radius of my home. Now I know how they catch all of those shoplifters....I get lots of emails regarding shoplifting at Walmart...lots.

That's sounds like a great activity for the "what to do in RE" list!;) I mean reviewing the emails, not shoplifting. Could you paraphrase some sample scenarios? Lots of inquiring minds here.

Our Police Dept. is set up to use this site:

Crime Mapping - Welcome!

So, if your city is listed you can keep an eye on what is happening in your area. Here is a few recent ones from my area. I've removed the addresses and the date the report was filed.

I appear to live in a very tame area, and I am really glad.

Type: Details:
VANDALISM HOME EGG'D
THEFT/LARCENY PR'S OBSVD TO CONCEAL ITEMS IN THEIR PURSES & ATTEMPT TO LEAVE CLOTHING, MISC, CONSUMABLE
VANDALISM BENCH PORTION OF GRAVE SITE RMVD/ANGEL BROKEN
THEFT/LARCENY B/M IN GRN 4-DR CAR NE PLATES PUMPED GAS/LEFT W/O PAYING 7.593 GALS GAS
THEFT/LARCENY CONCEALED IN PANTS POCKET/LEFT W/O PAYING 2 DVDS
THEFT/LARCENY TAKEN FROM INSIDE APARTMENT BUILDING BLK HUFFY 18SPD BIKE
DRUGS/ALCOHOL VIOLATIONS 2.1 GR MARI BLUE GLASS MARI PIPE W/RESIDUE
FRAUD UNAUTH USE OF BUS CREDIT CARD TO MK ONLINE PURCHASES
DRUGS/ALCOHOL VIOLATIONS MARIJUANA & PIPE LOCATED IN VEHICLE

Thanks, you had me on "home egg'd"! :LOL:

I'll check out the usual suspect areas from my past.

In my past, TPing a house was the most popular stunt. Between my crazy friends and those of my older brother, our house was an occasional target.

I've included a pic for those who may not be familiar with this practice:

Attachments

• TP-ed house.jpg
    TP-ed house.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 2
Oh, yes, know all about TPing. We used to do that. And inexplicably, throw raw eggs in the semi-private pool near our house. To protest that we weren't allowed in? I dunno. But we thought it was great. Now I think...that must have really sucked to clean up!

THEFT/LARCENY B/M IN GRN 4-DR CAR NE PLATES PUMPED GAS/LEFT W/O PAYING 7.593 GALS GAS

I can see how not paying for the gas is a Theft/Larceny, but what does a bowel movement in a green 4-door car with Nebraska plates have to do with anything? :whistle:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom