Self-publishing a book

antmary

Full time employment: Posting here.
:greetings10:I am writing a recipe booklet, and am looking for input:

The best way to obtain an ISBN number.
If I obtain an ISBN number, can I use the same number for future revisions?
A good website that could help me.
Any suggestions that you think would be helpful.

I will be self-publishing; a friend of mine who is in the business will be printing the book. The book will be about 24 pages, and in booklet form.

I am thinking that it is so small that maybe I don't even need an ISBN number, as I will be selling the booklet on my website - or, that I can add the number when I go to a larger edition.

If this isn't the appropriate forum, can you please direct me to a place that is appropriate?

Anyway, thanks in advance for any (nice) comments:)

One of these days I'm going to self publish a beautiful coffee table photo book (landscape format) and probably only get a handful of copies. I don't need an IBSN number for that. Apple provides a terrific low volume printing service plus the software. The print quality is extraordinary.

Apple - Aperture - Print Products

Audrey

:greetings10:I am writing a recipe booklet, and am looking for input:

The best way to obtain an ISBN number.
If I obtain an ISBN number, can I use the same number for future revisions?
A good website that could help me.
Any suggestions that you think would be helpful.

I will be self-publishing; a friend of mine who is in the business will be printing the book. The book will be about 24 pages, and in booklet form.

I am thinking that it is so small that maybe I don't even need an ISBN number, as I will be selling the booklet on my website - or, that I can add the number when I go to a larger edition.

If this isn't the appropriate forum, can you please direct me to a place that is appropriate?

Anyway, thanks in advance for any (nice) comments:)

One option worth checking out is amazon's publishing system at

https://www.createspace.com/

In addition to the site Martha gave you re ISBNs, you can also register the copyright to your work (because why not? You created the work, you deserve it, and it gives you something to talk about at parties :) ): U.S. Copyright Office - Forms

I think the ISBN is a good thing to have just in case you ever want to sell the booklet on other websites or through bookstores--you never know!

Good luck with it--what kind of recipes?

In addition to the site Martha gave you re ISBNs, you can also register the copyright to your work (because why not? You created the work, you deserve it, and it gives you something to talk about at parties :) ): U.S. Copyright Office - Forms

I think the ISBN is a good thing to have just in case you ever want to sell the booklet on other websites or through bookstores--you never know!

Good luck with it--what kind of recipes?

It is a little book of medicinal herb recipes - teas, tinctures, and skin balms. I will go ahead and register it with the U.S. Copyright Office - thanks for the link!:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom