Share your FIRE Milestones - 2013- 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
My count down is almost done.

Exactly one month until my last day of w**k. Only 12 work days left. My last night shift in April 10th. I’ve got the number on a white board calendar on the fridge. Every day I work I change the number. Calendar has two big smiley faces-one for the last night, the other for the last day.

Investments are about $3.5 mil, one third of that pre-tax. About 1.5 years of expenses in cash. Several long time hospital colleagues (nurses, secretaries) are retiring. Every one in my practice has changed since 2014. It’s going to be easy to walk away.

My count down is almost done.

Exactly one month until my last day of w**k. Only 12 work days left. My last night shift in April 10th. I’ve got the number on a white board calendar on the fridge. Every day I work I change the number. Calendar has two big smiley faces-one for the last night, the other for the last day.

Investments are about $3.5 mil, one third of that pre-tax. About 1.5 years of expenses in cash. Several long time hospital colleagues (nurses, secretaries) are retiring. Every one in my practice has changed since 2014. It’s going to be easy to walk away.
Congratulations! Must be a wonderful feeling when you have only a few days left!

Last week our net worth was 100.2% the value of our life time take home pay.

Net worth hit $3.7M for the first time ever. Planning my exit from MegaCorp later in 2019 (I’ll be 54 or 55, depending on the date I pick). Satisfaction level = high!

Net worth hit $3.7M for the first time ever. Planning my exit from MegaCorp later in 2019 (I’ll be 54 or 55, depending on the date I pick). Satisfaction level = high!

Wow, very impressive and a lot of planning :)

For the first time, my dividends and monthly rental property withdrawals were 102% of my quarterly expenses. This included a trip to the Caribbean. :dance:

Last week our net worth was 100.2% the value of our life time take home pay.
Cool! I just passed 100% of my SS-taxed income. I have no idea what my take-home pay totals! It's amazing to have worked and lived 28 years, and have as much as you've earned!

It's not about how much you have, it's about how cheaply you can live. It doesn't take gobs of money to live well in retirement.

It's not about how much you have, it's about how cheaply you can live. It doesn't take gobs of money to live well in retirement.
I'd say it's not about how cheaply you can live, but whether you have enough to sustain a withdrawal rate that will meet your desired budget. Many in this forum don't want to retire early if it means living cheaply. They want to maintain or exceed their pre-retirement standard of living. I, for one, plan to spend twice what I spend currently, once retired. I gave up many things and much travel to be able to afford to retire early, so that I can do deferred spending.

There are many 'frugal FIRE' forums out there, the majority of folks in this forum aren't in that camp. They want to have enough saved to enjoy they things they like to do in retirement. Cheers!

Today, I rolled 250,000 . . . . . . miles on my odometer. When it gets to 300, I'm retiring.

Well, I hit 300,000 miles on the commute in yesterday, so it's time. My retirement papers are submitted and May 31st is my last day. I've ordered a new car, to be delivered the first week of June.

Well, I hit 300,000 miles on the commute in yesterday, so it's time. My retirement papers are submitted and May 31st is my last day. I've ordered a new car, to be delivered the first week of June.

Congratulations!
You must be wearing a grin from ear to ear.
:dance:

Starting retirement the right way. Congrats.

We found out, this past week, DH pension tripled. We received the letter and called. For some reason we had the annual benefit all wrong. Won't get it until 65. They're sending all the information via snail mail. Yay! That changes everything. I'm thinking first class, baby!

We found out, this past week, DH pension tripled. We received the letter and called. For some reason we had the annual benefit all wrong. Won't get it until 65. They're sending all the information via snail mail. Yay! That changes everything. I'm thinking first class, baby!

Nice! Blow that dough!

Nothing like a happy surprise!

Cool! I just passed 100% of my SS-taxed income.

The total I've received in military retirement pay has just surpassed my total taxable income during my w*rking life. Not a huge figure but it sure feels good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom