Share Your FIRE Milestones - 2021

What’s the taxable income limit to make that happen for me?

It varies depending on where you live, whether you are single or married and if you want a Silver plan to get a low deductible and MOOP or willing to take a bronze plan, also if you are willing to accept an HMO instead or PPO. I can make $19K and get a Silver HMO plan with $50 deductible and $800 MOOP with no premium but plans vary by state. Try this site. You will have to play around with it and try several different scenarios.
https://www.healthcare.gov/lower-costs/

Outstanding!!!
You post every time You feel you want to with a milestone. I'm very happy for you and always like when you post the updates to you journey to a Millionaire.

I agree. We define our own milestones here.

Just hit $1M in Roth and HSA combined. :dance: We've unfortunately had enough expenses to be able to cash the HSA out tax free, so I'm including it with the Roths.

It varies depending on where you live, whether you are single or married and if you want a Silver plan to get a low deductible and MOOP or willing to take a bronze plan, also if you are willing to accept an HMO instead or PPO. I can make $19K and get a Silver HMO plan with $50 deductible and $800 MOOP with no premium but plans vary by state. Try this site. You will have to play around with it and try several different scenarios.
https://www.healthcare.gov/lower-costs/

Single in Texas. So all comes down to taxable income after credits and deductions?

Single in Texas. So all comes down to taxable income after credits and deductions?

No, the ACA health insurance policy is calculated based on modified AGI. This is pre-deductions and credits. Contributions to IRAs and HSAs do lower the income used.

Just passed $11M Net Worth today. $8M investments and $3M in real estate. Of course, it’s almost time for estimated quarterly taxes.

Just passed $11M Net Worth today. $8M investments and $3M in real estate. Of course, it’s almost time for estimated quarterly taxes.

That is a truck full!! Dash man if I had your money, I would throw mine away. Lol
Congratulations!!

Well, we don’t “throw” it away. But we do try to give a nice portion away each year. Besides our regular giving, DW has a sibling we may buy a house for this year if she’ll accept it. Her lousy husband left her and wants half her teacher pension, plus she cares for a disabled son that can’t work. So we’ll likely blow some dough this year to help her out. She’s a real sweetheart just like her sister. ��

Well, we don’t “throw” it away. But we do try to give a nice portion away each year. Besides our regular giving, DW has a sibling we may buy a house for this year if she’ll accept it. Her lousy husband left her and wants half her teacher pension, plus she cares for a disabled son that can’t work. So we’ll likely blow some dough this year to help her out. She’s a real sweetheart just like her sister. ��

Well, that is a very kind thing to do. The thing is it so nice to be able to do that and not miss the money one bit.

So, to have the money and just do it.

Nice work. How long have you been retired and how much have your investments grown since?

All index or have you had some secret sauce to catapult your investments?

Maybe help DW's sibling find a good attorney!

Maybe help DW's sibling find a good attorney!

My response to Dash man was if I had his money, I would throw mine away! Lol

Not sure Dash man caught that or not. Any way great Job on the stash.

$793,500 all-time high. All index funds. No RE.

I did this on an income of $28k-$70k. I am the underdog.

Last edited:
$693,500 all-time high. All index funds. No RE.

I did this on an income of $28k-$70k. I am the underdog.

You might have been an underdog, but you are my hero! Great job and just keep a saving and the power of compounding with accumulating early is a huge thing.

Thank You for sharing that great news.

Nice work. How long have you been retired and how much have your investments grown since?

All index or have you had some secret sauce to catapult your investments?

I’ve been retired since March 29, 2013. Our net worth at the time was about $4M with $3M in investments and the rest real estate. DW retired three years later.
We keep a small portion in index funds for diversification, but mostly we invest in individual dividend growth stocks. No secret sauce, just good quality companies that grow their dividends each year.

Back
Top Bottom