sharing videos online

WM

Full time employment: Posting here.
If you share videos with friends or family online, how do you do it? I occasionally take short videos with our digital camera, and would like to share them with family and friends along with the online photos that we send through Picasa. As I understand it, video files are too large for Picasa, and also for gmail to send as attachments.

I know YouTube is an obvious choice, but my understanding is that anything posted there is public, which isn't necessarily appealing.

Any other options?

If you share videos with friends or family online, how do you do it? I occasionally take short videos with our digital camera, and would like to share them with family and friends along with the online photos that we send through Picasa. As I understand it, video files are too large for Picasa, and also for gmail to send as attachments.

I know YouTube is an obvious choice, but my understanding is that anything posted there is public, which isn't necessarily appealing.

Any other options?
download the video from your camera to your computer just as you would do with pictures. Name the file and make sure it has a video designation...such as .wmv.

Then attach it to an email just as you would a picture.

OldTrig, thanks for the suggestion, that looks perfect. Unfortunately I'm having trouble with getting it to actually work. Do you use this? I choose my video and it seems to upload, but then gets stuck on "finalizing." I'll try the help and see where that gets me, because if it works, that's exactly what I was looking for. :flowers:

RockyMtn, thanks for the email suggestion but the files are too big. :(

Back
Top Bottom