Anyone ever try Farmer Carries?

FREE866

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Stumbled upon these yesterday and I'm looking to mix up my weight exercises a bit. Anyone have experience with these?

I haven't done those but I did carry DW(115#) and a backpack from the Napali Coast State Park back to the trailhead after she tore her hamstring back in 2009. I can't remember how many miles, but my right knee reminds me at least once a week.

I also carried about 45# of tools, instruments, battery, detectors on my mine belt each and everyday I spent in a coal mine for 35 years.

The exercise is a regular part of a circuit fitness class, targeted to older adults, that I do.
The weights in the video are monstrous! I use much lighter ones - a little less than the 30% of body weight that they recommend.

I do them and they seem to help with my balance. I also find them oddly satisfying so I look forward to them unlike many other exercises. I do them mostly one side at a time. I do about 25% of my body weight and that seems to be enough for now.

I look just like the guy in the video without all the muscles and ab definition.

Every summer I have to carry 2 full pails of water (2 gallons each = 16.66 pounds each) uphill from the lake as we don't have running water.
As a teenager I hated wash day as that meant 6 trips for the wash on top of the regular trips.

Didn't know I was doing exercise, it was just life :LOL:

I do them occasionally as part of my workout, usually up and down the basement stairs.

I did them every summer from age about 8 to 16 on our small farm, it was my job to milk two cows every evening and get the milk back home for our daily consumption. Went off to college after that. I have great memories of that journey across the hill, lots of time to think and daydream...

Back
Top Bottom