Short Money Rules Paper

Organized and easy to understand. Maybe you should teach a class. There's lots of valuable information in these 20 pages.

Downloaded and saved next to my Bogleheads, The Tax Torpedo, and another book by some Ed feller that my ole man read, I read, and now my son will read...along with this Shore Money Rules. It's a great start.

I like the idea that you mustn't be complacent, you must be interested in the path to financial success and financial freedom.

Thank you for putting this together. I tried to do something similar but I am a terrible author. This gave me some inspiration to dust off my g drive doc and give er another whirl.

I think I might myself sort of include an epilogue of how I myself got started in my financial journey, how my father got started on his, and how my grandmother's pivotal decision to head west to the city instead of east to the pastures really was a multi-generational migration decision that given her time and circumstance, played into a lot of what was to unfold. That ole never forget where ya came from.

I am going to markup my copy, but I would add one thing about the "serenity" bit about peace in that which you cannot control.... THE NEWS! Its funny, I tracked the news for over 2 years against the daily moves of the market...what I learned was its hogwash especially mainstream media outlets.

In terms of choices, I want to stress to my children not to make choices under duress if at all possible. De-stress, walk-away, calm down...think, breathe, give yourself space time and release the pressures. No decision needs to be made in a minute. Anyone who cannot respect that should be cautioned.

Lol, I just solved the puzzle. When my kid "wants something" I'm gonna make them read this lol. Maybe when they are ready. I almost need to make a course for my own family. Their are some things they 'need' to know that might not be relevant to others that pass their course of financial advice.

For one our family is diversified into real estate rentals. This is a great tax benefit that has put wind in our sails no other puff could provide.

Also they will likely be "trust fund babies" or essentially already are so I need to somehow overcome some of the stigma that comes with that and help them have humility and understanding if someone attacks their well deserved generational affluence...embrace the affluence and learn.

... Maybe you should teach a class. ...
I teach an Adult Ed class on long term investing. It is great fun and I feel that I am doing a service to folks without much investing expertise.

If you're interested I suggest contacting your local school system. It may just be a matter of volunteering/not a lot of screening. One problem they all have with legal/financial classes is that virtually all of the volunteer instructors are hustling for clients, not really interested in helping people for free. So someone without a bias or a service to sell is doubly valuable.

Thank you from me as well. Have no children but I have one college aged gentleman I still mentor from afar and I have sent this to him tonight. Told him no more introductions to people he would like to meet until he reads this.

Muchas gracias

Back
Top Bottom