Should undocumented get ACA??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Undocumented=Illegal in US. Therefore NO.

Send them home wherever that is.

It sounds like they are following the law. I agree that undocumented immigrants should not get coverage under the ACA. This should be pretty non-controversial... the law was written to provide coverage for legal residents and citizens, not for illegal residents.

I wonder how many of the 10k people are actually undocumented vs just had problems submitting the required forms.

If you say you are a natural born us citizen covered ca does no further checks.

On the other hand if you state you are naturalized you need to submit proof of citizenship. I ended up submitting my documents three times before they processed them correctly.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

I'm not sure its a question of getting ACA, as they seem to have been getting free care for years before Obamacare, and probably will continue to receive free care anyway.

It's the law that only people legally in the USA can use the exchanges. However, people here illegally can buy their own private insurance not through the exchanges.

Citizens without documents should be able to eventually come up with the citizenship paperwork if they don't have it. Some homeless people might have an issue with that. or not.

Only if they are from Liberia. I also propose free flights from West Africa for Ebola exposees. Some countries are rich in material things, others in biological things. Equalize that I say.

Ha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom