Show Us Your Wallpaper!

....if not prudent...show us sally....:D

Hi does that pancake on your head have syrup on it? Oh and butter?

Oh wait wallpaper ya..I dont have any on my laptop..On the desktop I have super special wallpaper ya thats it.....:rant:

Hey, I think you can only have syrup OR butter on the first date.

I think theres a lot of flexibility on fresh fruit though.

I guess that depends on whether your eldest was giving or receiving...
I think it was equal on that particular exchange, but the sight of both of them striking out and trying to dodge out of the way of the incoming blow was good. His opponent is the highest ranking student in the school, been in TKD since he was 10 or 11 and he's in his mid-20's now and in law school, and he's really serious about the art. So, any fight with him is a question of how easy is he going to be on you, not how well you are going to do against him.

Here's another shot from the same match. You can see by the way my son's eyes are closed that he just took a good shot to the head, which was followed by one to the ribs from the same foot before it ever touched the ground again. The guy has some evil kicks.

This particular pic did not make the wallpaper selection short list.

Attachments

• IMG_4056.jpg
    IMG_4056.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 7
You can learn a lot from those guys, but... ouch.

4th dan at that age around here, he'd be running his own dojang. Or has he met any of the Lopez dynasty?
They might know each other, the Lopez family trains a block away, but they're a different branch of TKD.

Funny about the TKD connection in this little town. Other than the Lopez family of Olympic TKD here, the school my son attends is the largest and most well-known in its particular branch of the art. They produce more champions and grand champions than any other school.

I guess he could run his own school if he was interested, but he would have to give up law school. This branch of TKD is interesting on the business side. To their discredit, the non-black belt segment has deteriorated over the past several years to the point where it is just a couple of shades better than a belt factory. It's definitely all about the money in that area - especially with the kids. But once a student makes black belt it gets very serious, even more so for the adults. The training is very impressive.

The system they use to select and train instructors is extremely rigorous (it's taken my son almost three years to get certified). But they are positively brutal on anyone they have selected as candidate for running a school. The program is like holding down two full time jobs while going to college at the same time. And they keep up that pace for a couple of years at least before they consider letting them run their own school.

This branch of TKD is interesting on the business side. To their discredit, the non-black belt segment has deteriorated over the past several years to the point where it is just a couple of shades better than a belt factory. It's definitely all about the money in that area - especially with the kids. But once a student makes black belt it gets very serious, even more so for the adults. The training is very impressive.
The system they use to select and train instructors is extremely rigorous (it's taken my son almost three years to get certified). But they are positively brutal on anyone they have selected as candidate for running a school. The program is like holding down two full time jobs while going to college at the same time. And they keep up that pace for a couple of years at least before they consider letting them run their own school.
From what I've seen around here, they gotta be doing it for love-- it's certainly not making them rich.

But if there's anything more viciously painful than getting your head torn off by a 4th dan, it's getting involved in the WTF/USAT politics among dojang owners...

Back
Top Bottom