Silver Sneakers and Silver&Fit

Z3Dreamer

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Not on Medicare yet, but soon. SS and SF are 2 popular gym membership programs accessed through Medigap plans.

I am a BCBS customer and there is product for young folk is Fitness Your Way. It is great in that I can go to any FYW gym. My cost is $25 per month.

With SF, I will pay $50 per year, but I am limited to my home gym. I can change monthly. The change is effective with the beginning of the next month. If my home gym is a Gold's or Anytime Fitness, I may be able to use my entrance fob to visit other Gold's or ATF gyms while on vacation.

Any gym junkies out there who can tell me their experiences with gym memberships through Medicare Supplement plans?

I have AARP UHC Medigap plan which used to have SS and I used to go to 24 Hr. Fitness. I believe you could go to any other branch . It used to be free. This yr it was not free........I think you had to pay 50% of regular price. Next yr, it will be free again........I like to think because the natives threatened a riot but don't really know why.

DW chose an F HD plan that includes Silver Sneakers. YMCA dues for the two of us were $78 per month. Cost for me alone is $61. The $204 annual savings was certainly worth spending 15 minutes at the registration desk.

I have silver and fit thru bcbs. no cost to belong to participating gyms. can only belong to one chain per month but can change at beginning of each month. I have heard that with silver sneakers you can belong to multiple chains at once.

So far I have gotten a letter from AARP/UHC saying I would get a letter explaining the options...

Waiting for the more important premium increase letter now...

Back
Top Bottom