Single Fund To Replace VG Balanced (VBIAX)?

yakers

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I am trying to keep things simple for myself, as I age (72), and for DW (74) who will probably survive me and has no interest in things financial. So the bulk of our assets are in a number of managed funds which have been good to us for many years. Specifically DW’s tIRA is in VG Wellesley (VWIAX) and STAR (VGSTX), Roth IRAs in Balanced ((VBIAX) and taxable Global Wellington (VGWAX). We are down 15.48% YTD with a 55/28/17 AA as of EOY 2021. Would like a 60/40 of maybe 65/35 but not adjusting the AA at this time. Not inclined to change much except possibly VBIAX since it is really 60/40 VTI/BND. As frequently posted on this board BND is suboptimal. Our Roth IRAs are in this fund and have dropped about 21% YTD, BND component has of course lost less than VTI component. The plan for these Roths is to pass them on to our two sons, only (and unlikely) use in an emergency.
We are satisfied with VG managing our bonds in Wellesley, STAR and Wellington but maybe not VBIAX because of the BND component although it has functioned as designed. So what I am wondering is there a single fund ‘better’ than VBIAX for our purposes?

Back
Top Bottom