Sling TV free for 14 days

Z3Dreamer

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Don't know if this belongs here or in Coronvirus, but I just signed up for Sling TV + DVR for free for 14 days. No credit card required.

It works! They are doing this in response to all us folks staying at home.

Is this free offer available for the option with no commercials?

Or do you need to get the package with commercials to get the free offer?

I signed up for the option with no commercials. You have to give a credit card, but you can cancel before paying for the second month. I really just wanted to watch Picard, not interested in any of their other shows.

OK, I have enjoyed Sling's offer for "Happy Hour". Free.
I have Hoopla which is 5 free per month. This is through your local library. Foyle's War, 19-2.
Disney+ free for a year from Verizon.
I will have to try 30 days of CBS All Access.
I had Youtube TV free for 30 days from Verizon, but kept paying for an additional 2 months.
I tried Acorn TV free for 30 days and we are continuing at $4.99 (actually $6.23 with taxes)
I have not tried the Roku channel but I hear they have many free movies.
I have Netflix, Amazon Prime, and some Hulu.
Looked at Pluto. Doesn't do it for me, but some folks like it.
What other freebies are out there that you have tried and like?

I signed up for Sling but didn't find anything I wanted to watch.
Signed up for Showtime free and watched Homeland and Billions, nothing else appealed to me.

Since I already pay over $200 mo for Direct TV, I'm not about the pay for any more TV services, especially with all the free streaming stuff that's available. I especially like being able to watch the live local news from the cites of my choice VIA streaming. Heck, I may even cut back on my Direct TV packages since I find myself watching more and more free streaming "stuff". (I don't like DirecTV anyway for numerous reasons.)

I signed up for the free month of Sling. I found a movie I was interested in seeing that wasn't on Amazon Prime and watched it, otherwise there was nothing new or different about it. I did not watch any other content on Sling. I did not extend beyond my free month.

dreamer? was sling worthwhile?

Yes. They have a lot of different options for you. There is the Sneak Peak, which is limited but 24 hours. Then there is the Happy Hour which is from 5 PM until midnight. Actually it goes past midnight. The Happy Hour has a tremendous amount of live and on demand. And since it is FREE, yes, it is worth it.

I just put my Sling on "pause". I used it to watch Pac 12 sports. Plus the occasional ESPN thing. Plus MLB network. I like MLB Tonight on in the evenings. So no sports kind of makes the value proposition low. I ditched Direct TV about a year ago. So all streaming now. When (if?) sports come back I'll reactivate w/Sling

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom