Snow

This is an old topic (really old :p), but as I sit here in South TX on the day before Easter with the thermometer reading 37F, I can't help but wonder at the "global warming" taking place out my window. Looks like it may freeze tonight, and if it does it will be the latest on record. Bye bye wildflowers and peach crop.

Something's really strange when it's colder on Easter than on Christmas...

REWahoo! said:
This is an old topic (really old :p), but as I sit here in South TX on the day before Easter with the thermometer reading 37F, I can't help but wonder at the "global warming" taking place out my window. Looks like it may freeze tonight, and if it does it will be the latest on record. Bye bye wildflowers and peach crop.

Global warming sure is happening, except it is because the darn sun is really cranking out the heat. every darn planet in the solar system is getting warmer.

I hate politicians who talk BS out of their arses over this.

Heck we had snow last night here in the raleigh NC area! Heading down to 24 tonight. peaches are doomed this year.

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
We sat out front and watched the neighbor kids play t-ball in the court out front of the house. I think I got a little sunburn.

Ya, I almost got a sunburn yesterday :-\

REWahoo! said:
Gosh, I'm glad you brought this up.

We've been having the same problem here (night lows in the low 70s, bitter-cold 69-degree mornings) and I'm glad to see that it's just the chaos effects of a scorpion flapping its stinger!

I tell my spouse that we have to memorize these moments, treasure them, and relive them in August while we're drowning in pools of our own sweat. There, does that help?

Nords said:
... I'm glad to see that it's just the chaos effects of a scorpion flapping its stinger!

No, I think it's more likely to be related to extinguishing the mulch fire.

Nords said:
I tell my spouse that we have to memorize these moments, treasure them, and relive them in August while we're drowning in pools of our own sweat. There, does that help?

As you said...

Nords said:
Ha ha, that's pretty funny!

70's and low 80's here, which is a bit warm for this time of year.

Maybe we can borrow a bit from july/augusts 110 degree days and send it on down to you unfortunate folks in texas and hawaii.

I feel terrible for all y'all. Let me know where I can send the last tidbits of cold weather gear I still have left over from my days in new england. If it hasnt completely crumbled due to disuse that is.

It has snowed off and on all week. It is currently 32 and the low tonight will be 25. The high on Easter will be 41 degrees. Last week it was beautiful. Oh well, it can't stay cold, it can't stay cold, it can't stay cold!

We had about an inch of snow last night in No. Virginia. It stuck on the grass but the roads were clear when I woke up. Temps here during the day in the high 30's. Last week it was in the 80's! We leave on Monday for 9 days in Florida. DW and I will spend 4 days in Orlando seeing Disney World again (last visit was 25 years ago when the kids were small) and then 5 days with friends in Lake Worth. Temps in Fla will be high 70's to mid 80's.

Grumpy

70F here today but it will get down to 49F tonight (brrrrrrrrrrrrrr!). Have to get out the winter coat!

Of course that is nothing like our ice cold January weather where the average low is 42F and the average high is only 59F. (Opps forgot it doesn't get cold enought to make ice!)

And then there is the brutally hot days of July where the average high is 85F and the average low is 58F.

Sorry have to try to justify somehow living here in N. Ca ;)

Did I mention the earth quakes, wildfires and mud slides? Oh and we have rattle snakes, tarantulas and mountain lions too ;)

MB

Back
Top Bottom