Snowbirding / 2nd home changed forever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So seems like you don't benefit from a strong USD if you're US, and that you suffer from a week CAD if you're Canadian?
Yes we are subject to exchange variances. With the first condo, we bought when CAD was 1.065 US, and we sold when we were down to 0.75 so we made significant FX gains!
I think it's because the builders want to sell to Americans, but I could be wrong if the price is determined by the value of the Peso.

Over time, example 2013 summer Mex peso worth 0.75 USD and slowly dropped to summer 2019 to 0.50 USD.

Did the USD prices of this condo's go down by 1/3 (meaning it's really priced in Peso's) or did they remain the same in USD, and rise 33% in Peso value ?
No the condo prices stay the course long after the FX adjustments. It is just another factor in investing in Mexico. For we Canucks, it is no worse than buying in the US, and for Americans, it is a convenience.

No one knows where property values are going! So I just pursue my lifestyle and hope for the best. Any property gains or losses will accrue to my heirs at this stage!

I suspect that properties that are drive able from major centres will hold and those that require flights will depreciate. We are prepared to drive as it is only once a year for six months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom