Solutions for easily locating light pull chain in dark room

Funny how often we look for some new technology to fix a problem that was solved many decades ago. This was already mentioned earlier. Simply extend the pull string to the entrance door. I have one tied to the studs just inside the entrance to our crawl space. I reach up and tug at the line. No fumbling to find the end of a string. No ensuring that I have a key light with me. No motion sensors to try and trigger or to time out. No facy radiation glow-in-the dark string fobs to deal with. It works every time and has been fault-free for over 13 years now. Who knows how many years it was in service before we bought the house. It probably will still be working when I am long gone.

Sometimes simplicity IS the answer. It is for us. YMMV.

Sometimes this is not simple. It only works if the string is a straight or pretty straight pull. Also the OP said it was quite some distance from the entrance.:flowers:

Solution installed with DW's testing approval. Remote control outlet sensor that the shop light is now plugged into, with remote mounted on wall at the entrance to that section of the basement. Easy push button on/off to control the light in the area.

Thanks again for all of the ideas - this one works best for us!

Glad you found a solution that works for you.

Back
Top Bottom