Solutions for motion sickness and entrainment

No problem with sea sickness here, BUT

DW and I took a month long cruise last month (the South Pacific was very nice!) and when we got back, she had “land sickness” for over a week. Getting in the car made it better, but it came back afterwards.

Not pleasant, but it did eventually go away. So beware!

Never got sick back on land, but was absolutely fascinated with the way my body thought it was still at sea when we docked after a week on a ship. I would stand next to a railing or a car or table and marvel that my body would begin to rock as if I were compensating for the slow roll of the open sea. Took several days to lose that weird effect. I'd heard of it before but sort of doubted it until it happened to me. YMMV

Funny story from my youth.
We had a small boat (16 foot runabout) we used for fishing. My dad and I were fine, but my mom used to get seasick, even just in the bay.

So she started using Bonamine and it worked well for her.

One day I noticed that a Bonamine table looked nearly identical to a generic aspirin tablet, so I suggested to my dad that we could save a bit of money that way.

Mom happily took the aspirin for the next several years, until we sold the boat, and it always kept her from getting seasick.

Since then, I've always wondered how much of a psychological component there is to the problem.

Back
Top Bottom