Special Bank Deals

ripper1

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
There may have been a post on this already....but I have been getting bank offers where you open a special checking account that has to be like within 45 days up to 20k and maintained for 90 days and then you get a 550 dollar bonus. I have read the fine print but this still sounds gimmicky to me. Has others done this in the past and how did it work out for you?:popcorn:

It does work but you have to be sure that you meet the exact requirements. We've done it successfully with Chase once for a checking account and once for a savings account. Now I'm doing it for a local credit union for $500.

I see you have to unlock your credit reports to do these.

If you actually have details of a good bank deal, CD or Decent MM Rate, it would be best to post them here, the new 2020 thread. However one should refrain from extensive discussions about them in that thread to help those who use it as a reference.

http://www.early-retirement.org/for...ase-post-updates-here-101376.html#post2353108

These types of deals, similar to what OP references, are best posted on the Bank Bonus Offers thread. That's why it was started. It made little sense as part of the CD and MM rates thread. Folks are not going to sift through post after post of rates to find these offers. It is also common that there are going to be some where there is extensive discussion. They are better off as two different threads where folks are able to visit the topic they are most interested in. Simply adding it in to the name of the 2020 thread does not automatically make it the best place to post them.

I see you have to unlock your credit reports to do these.

Some you do, some you don't - it mostly depends on the bank providing the offer. Personally, my credit reports are locked everywhere and I've been rejected enough that I no longer attempt to do them if they are online. If I go in to a local branch to do it (I've done a couple), there aren't any issues. So when I do these online offers, I do it in wife's or daughter's name - their credit reports are not locked.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom