Standardized Covid Treatment Protocols?

At the very end of the hearing, the chairman said something to the effect of that the hearing record would be "open for comments" until December something or other.

Does anyone know how to add comments to a senate hearing? I poked around a bit, but didn't see anything online. I'm not willing to break out the pen and paper, but I'd write something online, if I knew where to go.

Maybe send an email to your local senator with your comment and/or ask how to make an online comment.

So what is everyone currently taking as a prophylactic, if anything?

I have been taking C, D, Zinc, NAC, multi vitamin, 81 mg aspirin since the spring, and just purchased Quercetin and will start that today. Have my quarterly checkup later this month and will ask about Ivermectin.

I like the I-MASK+ protocol. (I-MASK+ and MATH+ get updated from time to time, so you have to check the websites periodically).

But if you want to throw in a few more supplements, you might find some info in these articles.
Personalize Your COVID-19 Prevention
Personalize Your COVID-19 Prevention

Science suggests we can prevent COVID -- even when our best defenses fail — The First Epidemic (NOTE - STOP taking elderberry if you get COVID)
https://www.thefirstepidemic.com/sc...TUfo1yce383pbHLN0xKk8eoQ646rPtiE7rVqz8xK4u-v8

Supplements and Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Eat Well Pros
https://www.eatwellpros.com/supplements-and-coronavirus-covid-19/

FWIW. YMMV.

So what is everyone currently taking as a prophylactic, if anything?

I have been taking C, D, Zinc, NAC, multi vitamin, 81 mg aspirin since the spring, and just purchased Quercetin and will start that today. Have my quarterly checkup later this month and will ask about Ivermectin.
Been taking C, Zinc, and 81mg aspirins daily for years. Calcium w/D3 three times a week.

I like the I-MASK+ protocol. (I-MASK+ and MATH+ get updated from time to time, so you have to check the websites periodically).

But if you want to throw in a few more supplements, you might find some info in these articles.
The first link seems science-based and very similar to what I've seen, but with the addition of glutathione, which I've not seen included before.

The problem with going around the internet and reading what "nutrition gurus" think is problematic because they have to put a personal spin on things to be relevant. And there's the fact that most are not clinicians. The second link is ok, but the third, eh.

The LifeExtension article is a thorough roll through the facts of the disease, is a good intro, but not a cohesive way to put together your Covid Cocktail.

This is just SGOT who made this google spreadsheet, but there's a "Protocols" tab that lists protocols from notable clinicians like Marik and Zelenko. Even these two guys are not "mainstream" doctors, but they're at least somewhat respected and taken seriously by a reasonable population of other clinicians.

Very interesting blog post. Thank you.

Can you ask if they are using MATH+ Protocol? Depending on condition, it often doesn't require an ICU bed.

Dr. Paul Marik also has a protocol for sepsis that was introduced in 2017 (I think).

If not, no worries.

This is just SGOT who made this google spreadsheet, but there's a "Protocols" tab that lists protocols from notable clinicians like Marik and Zelenko. Even these two guys are not "mainstream" doctors, but they're at least somewhat respected and taken seriously by a reasonable population of other clinicians.

Very cool chart! Thank you for doing that.

MATH+ now includes Ivermectin for prevention, early and late COVID.

Have you heard of the ICAM Protocol from a hospital in Ocala, FL? They never gave a protocol, but talked about using Vitamin C, blood thinner, a corticosteroid and that they had not had to transfer a COVID patient to the ICU for 76 days straight.

Last edited:
The first link seems science-based and very similar to what I've seen, but with the addition of glutathione, which I've not seen included before.

The problem with going around the internet and reading what "nutrition gurus" think is problematic because they have to put a personal spin on things to be relevant. And there's the fact that most are not clinicians. The second link is ok, but the third, eh.

The LifeExtension article is a thorough roll through the facts of the disease, is a good intro, but not a cohesive way to put together your Covid Cocktail.

I hear you.

It does seem like this is the first time that supplements have become a more important part of the prevention and treatment than I remember seeing from some of the mainstream practitioners before. I could be wrong. Alternative doctors have always been there.

Dr. Richard Horowitz has a Facebook page. He's treated Lyme for a long time, has a book, etc. He had COVID and talks about some supplements.

FWIW. YMMV.

ICAM is pretty conservative, as it uses nothing "off label" ,
So, in summary, the ICAM protocol is a combination of 1) Vitamin C & zinc, 2) corticosteroid 3) anticoagulant and 4) macrolide.
#4 is antibiotic (azithromycin).

I'm not sure if any of that acts as a zinc ionaphor. If I was in that situation, I'd want something more like Marik's cocktail.

Last edited:
I hear you.

It does seem like this is the first time that supplements have become a more important part of the prevention and treatment than I remember seeing from some of the mainstream practitioners before. I could be wrong. Alternative doctors have always been there.

Dr. Richard Horowitz has a Facebook page. He's treated Lyme for a long time, has a book, etc. He had COVID and talks about some supplements.

FWIW. YMMV.

A lyme infection is very difficult to eradicate and alternative treatments by lyme drs has been going on for a long time. Those Drs are often criticized by mainstream physicians who offer very little if someone has a long term lyme infection that was not treated early on by an antibiotic and those long term cases can be quite impactful to a persons health. HCQ is often times part of a lyme protocol.

Can you ask if they are using MATH+ Protocol? Depending on condition, it often doesn't require an ICU bed.

Response from the doctor (verbatim including gaps because each line was one DM, and their first language is not English)

I understand what they are asking

Criteria for ICU admission vary depending on the resources outside the ICU

For example, if we have intermediate units where high flow cannulae and proning can be implemented, many patients wouldn't need intensive monitoring

But I have to add another nuance

In the first wave, we intubated a lot more (in part because we wanted full control and less aerosol, and intubation allows this

In the second, we had more logistical practice, so we tried non-invasive ventilation in elderly patients with very severe COVID, with several successful cases!!!

They made the whole 3 weeks in non-invasive support
We tried to have them in good mental state (essential in respiratory difficulties) and lent them their phones to talk to family or whatever (they could barely talk but they could at least vídeo)

Their effort was heroic. Those old patients out of pure stamina

We knew that if we intubated them, the mechanics would not improve them and could cause heart problems due to high chest pressures

We only intubated patients who got tired.

They needed rest and comfort so we did

But patients heard that we were discussing intubation if they got tired....
so the first thing they did wen we approached them was a big "thumbs up" sign

[[Me: What does MATH+ mean?]]

It's an acronym for the medications given...

"Methylprednisolone, Ascorbic Acid, Thiamine, low molecular weight Heparin", and PLUS additional ...such as vitamins

We didn't follow the MATH+ as is. Several differences although many similarities
Vitamins and oligoelements like Zinc only as nutrition, daily needs (not as drug)
No famotidine no ivermectin
Corticoids since April in all hospitalised patients

We had low mortality because of early corticoid usage

We gave tocilizumab in strictly selected cases as well (very few)

Last edited:
Here's a video with a discussion on Ivermectin and COVID-19.

"Ivermectin is to viruses as Penicillin is to bacteria." Adam Gaertner

A few contraindications are mentioned.

Comments?

Here's a video with a discussion on Ivermectin and COVID-19.

"Ivermectin is to viruses as Penicillin is to bacteria." Adam Gaertner

A few contraindications are mentioned.

Comments?

A number of Long Haulers have tried this, with limited or no improvement.

A lot of these things work well if intervention is early. The virus has shown that it is persistent and capable of invading the brain and almost every other organ in the body. Persistent virus, hidden in multiple organs, is proving to be very difficult to remove.

A number of Long Haulers have tried this, with limited or no improvement.
Dr. Mobeen prescribes steroids for long haul, but it seems there's no silver bullet for long haulers. Certainly the best thing to do is not get to that stage in the first place. And since most of us won't see a vaccine for 6 months, the best we can do is take ivermectin before we get sick or at least the first day we have symptoms. Poking around on the internet, I can see that you can set-up a tele-health Covid-19 prophylaxis visit and get some ivermectin to keep on hand.

I've got two irons in the fire...one telehealth visit cooking, and one ivermectin purchase from outside the US. Neither of those is a 'done deal', but I figured it's worth trying...I'm convinced ivermectin would be effective at keeping me "less sick" at minimum, and probably better than that. I'm trying not to use this:

Attachments

• horse_ivermectin.jpg
    horse_ivermectin.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:
Dr. Mobeen prescribes steroids for long haul, but it seems there's no silver bullet for long haulers. Certainly the best thing to do is not get to that stage in the first place. And since most of us won't see a vaccine for 6 months, the best we can do is take ivermectin before we get sick or at least the first day we have symptoms. Poking around on the internet, I can see that you can set-up a tele-health Covid-19 prophylaxis visit and get some ivermectin to keep on hand.

I've got two irons in the fire...one telehealth visit cooking, and one ivermectin purchase from outside the US. Neither of those is a 'done deal', but I figured it's worth trying...I'm convinced ivermectin would be effective at keeping me "less sick" at minimum, and probably better than that. I'm trying not to use this:

OMG!!! Do NOT order horse dewormer!!!! PLEASE read up on this!!!

Ivermectin for humans is readily available in the US with a prescription. PLEASE get a prescription from a licensed physician who believes in this protocol.

Dr. Been is interesting to watch. I think he may be a bit more educated on viral persistence now. One of his recent "talks" went through a journal article on how antibodies mutate in the body over time in response to persistent virus.

It makes no sense to give steroids to patients with persistent virus they cannot clear. The immune system is already suppressed. Some researchers are looking at immune modulators. Leronlimab, an HIV drug, has come up as one possibility. It's no coincidence that a lot of HIV researchers are now taking an interest in COVID. Dr. Been recently interviewed a former Stanford professor and HIV researcher, Dr. Bruce Patterson. He's an interesting character that is using social media to collect a research database on COVID Long Haulers for his test kit manufacturing company. He is one of the few people that is focused on Long Haul patients.

Not a DIY treatment, but...

Doctors are reporting that a two-drug treatment is especially helpful for COVID-19 patients who need extra oxygen.

Adding the anti-inflammatory drug baricitinib to the antiviral medicine remdesivir helped these patients recover eight days sooner, in 10 days on average versus 18 for those given remdesivir alone, according to a study.

The Latest: Study: 2-drug treatment helpful for coronavirus

NYT has an article about the monoclonal antibody treatment that has been widely publicized (including by some public figures who received it). It does seem to work for many patients but is not being used nearly as much as expected for various reasons. But I found this quote very interesting:
Dr. Skovronsky said that patients who call Eli Lilly’s hotline eventually get the treatments. “But that’s not right,” he said. “It shouldn’t be only for people who are persistent, who know how to call around and have doctors to get it. It should be for everyone.”

Here's a link to Lilly's page about COVID-19 including phone numbers: https://www.lilly.com/news/stories/coronavirus-covid19-global-response

It needs to be given within the first 10 days after symptoms start and requires an infusion in a hospital or clinic, so apparently many people who are offered it are declining it as they don't want to go out.

So if you know someone with early symptoms, this might be helpful.

Back
Top Bottom