State-by-state exchange rate data

Htown Harry

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I had not found a handy table of links to the various states' PPACA exchange rate data before stumbling across this one.

State by State Guide to Health Insurance Exchange Rates

It's not perfect, so if anyone knows of a better one please post a link.

As of September 6, they have rate data and links for 20 states plus D.C. that have released information.

I had not found a handy table of links to the various states' PPACA exchange rate data before stumbling across this one.

State by State Guide to Health Insurance Exchange Rates

It's not perfect, so if anyone knows of a better one please post a link.

As of September 6, they have rate data and links for 20 states plus D.C. that have released information.

Nice chart, Harry, thanks... Funny I always thought a 40 year old should be lumped more in with the 50 year olds, than with the 20 something's. But based on some of the more detailed premium releases I have seen I am wrong. I guess when I was 40 I was much younger than I thought I was and certainly a helluva of a lot younger than 49 is!

I don't have anything better but I wonder how accurate the link is. For MN it has TBA, but MN rates are here Individual or Family

For my state, it has link to what would have been a state run exchange but is dead. Now a Fed run exchange. The rate link is some old info on speculated rates, but that may be the only numbers floating around.

AFAIK for Fed exchanges the actual rates won't be available until Oct 1

TBA for Virginia, as expected. Thanks for the link Htown Harry.
Mulligan...I looked at the age columns too.
Then thought to myself "NOOooooo I can't be that old yet! What am I doing in THAT column"! :LOL:

TBA for Virginia, as expected. Thanks for the link Htown Harry.
Mulligan...I looked at the age columns too.
Then thought to myself "NOOooooo I can't be that old yet! What am I doing in THAT column"! :LOL:

I agree sheehs. I consider myself still relatively young at 49, but the rates I see in comparison to 40 and under, say "old fart health risk alert" jack up the premium! :)

One data point: I'm in Hawaii and currently pay $270 a month for a bare bones HMO with no drug coverage. I got a letter today from HMSA (aka Blue Cross of Hawaii) saying that a Bronze level HMO will cost me $170 a month.
It appears that the online exchange is on track to open Oct 1. For the record, I turn 43 this week.

I find it interesting that the premiums for the plans are identified but the plans themselves are not available. Soooo they know the costs before they know what is covered or what?? Just sayin :blush:

I find it interesting that the premiums for the plans are identified but the plans themselves are not available. Soooo they know the costs before they know what is covered or what?? Just sayin :blush:

Well under a month to go for Open Enrollment with 30 states (according to OP's link) still "TBA" (i.e. no premium data published). Is it any wonder so many folks are still uncommitted &/or confused:confused:

Can you sign up in one state and use it in another? If it is cheaper for me to get it in California, but I live in and want to use it in Idaho will that work? What if I snowbird for 6 mos in AZ and it is cheaper there?

Can you sign up in one state and use it in another? If it is cheaper for me to get it in California, but I live in and want to use it in Idaho will that work? What if I snowbird for 6 mos in AZ and it is cheaper there?

In another thread I was told you have to get the insurance in the state you have residency. Also, you need to make sure the insurance you get has national coverage. Some policies only cover emergencies outside your state. By 2016 ever state is supposed to have 2 choices of policies that "travel"

We are going to snowbird as well ......................

One thing to note: If you qualify for a subsidy, you will pay the same % of MAGI no matter where you are. The side-effect of this is that taxpayers in less expensive areas subsidize those in more expensive areas.

Back
Top Bottom