Stay the Course Strategy

aim-high

Recycles dryer sheets
As I transition to a broadly diversified portfolio, I have figured out how to maintain a "Stay the Course" strategy.

I'll go to Yahoo Finance and develop a collage from the headlines a couple of times a day for several days.

Here's a sample.

"Despite the selloff, gold is flashing a secret buy sign"
"Why market may be setting up for a 20% correction"
"As Nasdaq falls, buying opportunity arises"
"Last week's big stock selloff 'probably over': Pro"
"This is the level where things get really bad"
"Goldman Stands By $1,050 Gold Target at Year-End on U.S. Growth"
"The bull market will continue! 3 picks for today"

There's plenty more. Every few hours some expert is advocating a position that conflicts with the other.

As I transition to a broadly diversified portfolio, I have figured out how to maintain a "Stay the Course" strategy.

I'll go to Yahoo Finance and develop a collage from the headlines a couple of times a day for several days.

Here's a sample.

"Despite the selloff, gold is flashing a secret buy sign"
"Why market may be setting up for a 20% correction"
"As Nasdaq falls, buying opportunity arises"
"Last week's big stock selloff 'probably over': Pro"
"This is the level where things get really bad"
"Goldman Stands By $1,050 Gold Target at Year-End on U.S. Growth"
"The bull market will continue! 3 picks for today"

There's plenty more. Every few hours some expert is advocating a position that conflicts with the other.

... sometimes, from same analyst or institution. All they are pushing is "trade" so that they win with commission. (I obliged them with a short term trade today :blush:)

Don't go to sites like that. They are always trying to separate you from your money. Read early-retirement.org for help with retirement, FIRE, and investing, and read boglesheads.org for help with stay-the-course index investing.

That's the hardest part, figuring out what matters amongst all the noise and what doesn't. But that's it - it's all just noise from day to day.

I try to find interests to spend my time which has nothing to do with finances. That helps pass the time.

Back
Top Bottom