Stocks

LadyBuie

Confused about dryer sheets
Hi [Mod Edit] I’m new here and I’m not sure if I’m at the right place for my question?
I found an old certificate which belonged to my late husband and I’m not sure if it’s valid I tried to contact his family in Utah where the certificate originated but didn’t get any responses.
It’s a certificate for 2,000 Shares of The Capital. Stock of International Food Production Methods Inc. A Utah Corporation Issued to [Mod Edit]
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
You shouldn’t use your real name and post photos of the certificates here. This is the internet and you leave yourself open to scammers and such.

Can’t help with your issue. But please edit your post if possible. Good luck!

You shouldn’t use your real name and post photos of the certificates here. This is the internet and you leave yourself open to scammers and such.

Can’t help with your issue. But please edit your post if possible. Good luck!
I was going to say the very same thing. Black out the name and any other identifying stuff from the photos.

To answer your question, read the certificate and see if there is a Transfer Agent listed. If so, contact them to ask if the company still exists. The name could have changed due to a merger or sale. If so, they should be able to give you the current name of the company. If they can't help you, if you have a broker they may be able to research it for you.

If the company is defunct, the certificate itself could still have some collectible value. You could check ebay for that.

A quick Google search didn't turn up anything under that name.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 47
I would dare say that corporation is no longer in business--since 1993 or so.

The stock certificates may just be good as wallpaper.

There is a filing for this company on the Utah Secretary of State's website... see https://secure.utah.gov/bes/displayDetails.html

Looks like they were formed in 1977 and ceased renewing their corporate registration in 1994.

Thank for replying,
I contacted the owners of that company but unfortunately they didn’t want speak to me, so I guess it’s worthless.

Back
Top Bottom