Strongest Economies in the USA

Purron

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Seattle is #1. Story from WTOP, a DC area news site:

Region No. 2 among strongest economies - wtop.com

Here's the full list of Metropolitan areas from Policom. Ranking order on the left, alphabetical order on the right:

METRO RANK

Micropolitan areas are ranked here:

MICRO RANK

Definitions:

Metropolitan Statistical Areas have at least one urbanized area of 50,000 or more population, plus adjacent territory that has a high degree of social and economic integration with the core as measured by commuting ties.

A micropolitan area must have an urbanized area of at least 10,000 population but less than 50,000 population.

Two things:

1. I wonder about a (what's the word?) list in which one goes from ranking 51st to 1st in four years.

2. Oh! No! Denver #3. Here come all those [-]Californians/Texans [/-]interlopers again.

Two things:

1. I wonder about a (what's the word?) list in which one goes from ranking 51st to 1st in four years.

Yeah, I noticed Olympia, WA went from 66th to 14th in the same time frame. What's going on in the great state of Washington?

Two things:

2. Oh! No! Denver #3. Here come all those [-]Californians/Texans [/-]interlopers again.

Naaa.... Houston #4... Dallas #10 and Austin #12....

And Houston and Dallas were above Denver last year...

I think we will stay here...

BTW... did anybody notice that Washington DC is ALWAYS at the top:confused:

Naaa.... Houston #4... Dallas #10 and Austin #12....

And Houston and Dallas were above Denver last year...

I think we will stay here...

DFW, Houston, and Austin are all "full up." I was speaking of those who couldn't get in. :D

Yeah, I noticed Olympia, WA went from 66th to 14th in the same time frame. What's going on in the great state of Washington?

Historically, the economy of the state of Washington has been counter-cyclical: we tend to do well when others are doing poorly and vice versa. This has been due to the peculiarities of the airplane business (Boeing).

However, the influence of Boeing has been waning over the years, so I would expect our economy to begin to synchronize with everybody else and cease to be counter-cyclical. Apparently we're still somewhat counter-cyclical.

Kelly - fornians, refugees from Ireland? As Jeremy Irons (as Claus Von Bulow) said in "Reversal of Furtune," "I do have them." ;)
It's an Ahhhnold-ism. Disassociated Press: Schwarzenneger Changes Official Pronunciation of 'California'

governator.jpg

Though I wouldn't mind leaving Texas for a place in Rockies above Denver from about May to September...

Yes... I kind of agree with that... I drove around the mountains one winter and it was a blast... I would love to see them when they are not covered with that white stuff... (or at least not so cold)...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom